autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish before car pro coating

Hello,

Im putting the car pro sic coating on my sisters Lexus this weekend. Does it matter what polish I use as a last step if I use eraser?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish before car pro coating

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    Hello,

Im putting the car pro sic coating on my sisters Lexus this weekend. Does it matter what polish I use as a last step if I use eraser?

Thank you
    Yes and no. It doesn’t matter which polish but it would matter if it were a one-step polish with protection. Some one steps include 2-4 mo of protection which Eraser wouldn’t completely remove and would interfere with the coating. BF Onestep, HD Speed, Rupes Uno Protect are examples of one steps with protection.

I will also throw out Gyeon Primer and CarPro Essence as SiO2-infused polishes that are supposed to help a coating bond but not sure how true that is. But even with those, you need to use Eraser or similar to remove the polishing oils before coating.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I won’t be using a one step. I wanted to order essence but I won’t receive it in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Locally Meguiars Ultimate Polish, Meguiar’s D302, Griot’s Perfecting Cream, Meguiars M205/210 are all very good.

5. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

It’s funny. I just bought ultimate polish Sunday and already have perfecting cream. I bought ultimate polish on sale because I think this will work very well on my sisters car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Yes and no. It doesn’t matter which polish but it would matter if it were a one-step polish with protection. Some one steps include 2-4 mo of protection which Eraser wouldn’t completely remove and would interfere with the coating. BF Onestep, HD Speed, Rupes Uno Protect are examples of one steps with protection.

I will also throw out Gyeon Primer and CarPro Essence as SiO2-infused polishes that are supposed to help a coating bond but not sure how true that is. But even with those, you need to use Eraser or similar to remove the polishing oils before coating.

Good luck.
    I thought you could coat right over Gyeon Primer? I thought that was one of the selling points of it?

8. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I thought you could coat right over Gyeon Primer? I thought that was one of the selling points of it?
    PRE COATING PAINT PRIMER
    Q² Primer is designed to be used before applying a coating to paint. This coating primer will ensure a long term bond and has laid down a base layer of SiO2 for the main coating to bond to. It will make the coating application smooth and easy.

ELIMINATES NEED TO PREP
    If you give 24 hours between the coating primer application and your coating application, you do not need to prep wipe the surface. The main coating will bond perfectly to Primer, and you can avoid any surface marring on soft paints during the prep process.

I used Angel Polish Primer before applying their Cosmic V2 Glass and it was a little different process, you apply the primer and buff it off before applying the glass coat, but no prep

I am just learning a bit about a primer before a coating and have also heard something about a product called essence?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    PRE COATING PAINT PRIMER

I am just learning a bit about a primer before a coating and have also heard something about a product called essence?
    Essence is not only a primer, but a fine polish. It will remove light swirls and scratches and leaves some Sio2 behind.

If you don't work Essence properly, then Eraser should be used before applying a Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    I used Angel Polish Primer before applying their Cosmic V2 Glass and it was a little different process, you apply the primer and buff it off before applying the glass coat, but no prep
    +1
    I have done this multiple times with good results. But I have also just for curiosity reasons did a prep wipe also one one and noticed zero difference.

I do believe you will like the SiC-- Its been on my Jeep for over a year and you would think I just did it a week ago
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

If your going to polish ( though its not required / necessary - but HIGHLY advisable ) just use a regular polish with no additives. Examples would be Megs 105 / 205 , sonax 04-06 , SchollsS20 black to name a few. The Megs you can just go down to Harbor freight or Auto Zone and they have 'em on the shelf. If You have amazon prime you can get the Megs in 2 days in an 8 ouncer witch will be more than you need for a few cars
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast