autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

my garage sale score today!

Hello, ive been thinking about getting a spotless water system but the $$ seemed like to much to gamble. at a yardsale this morning I bought a GE reverse osmosis system that looks like it was never installed with lotsa extra filters for a great bargain. this is a whole house system and has three filter elements to it. I will ned some plumbing fittings and adapters to meake it work but it is woth a try. Im going to hook it up to a carry box that I can mount onto my handtruck when using. Its another 100 degree day so I probbily wont try it today. Have a great wwkend! Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarider
    Hello, ive been thinking about getting a spotless water system but the $$ seemed like to much to gamble. at a yardsale this morning I bought a GE reverse osmosis system that looks like it was never installed with lotsa extra filters for a great bargain. this is a whole house system and has three filter elements to it. I will ned some plumbing fittings and adapters to meake it work but it is woth a try. Im going to hook it up to a carry box that I can mount onto my handtruck when using. Its another 100 degree day so I probbily wont try it today. Have a great wwkend! Andrew
    Awesome and congrats!
    Can you posts some pics? I would love to see them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch out, I posted pictures of my filter system and the thread got closed. Maybe add in a couple pictures of AG products and it wont get closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really, that's wicked. One thing to note thought about the Reverse Osmosis systems is that they are not that efficient, depending on the size they may require some pressure for the water come into the system and it generally wastes two to three gallons of whater for every gallon of purified water it produces. On top of that it's said that Reverse Osmosis is a slow process. Now this is just what I've read, it's the best whater available but it comes at a price.

I'd be curious to see what your thoughts are when you get it all hooked up, please keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, share some pics! Nothing better than picking up some bargains at a garage sale, nice job mate!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds great - my first thought is that R/O systems might need a certain pressure range of water coming into the unit to operate properly - read the instructions - if you're gravity feeding water from a tank to a pressure washer for spraying/cleaning an inline R/O unit might not do the job without a specific amount of water pressure pushing it through the unit - just a thought - lot's of luck