autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Picture i just found of the first truck i ever buffed! Before and After :)

So i was just going through my photobucket and stumbled upon a few pictures 5-7 years ago of the first time i ever used a buffer hahaha. I was between 22 and 20 and had never operated a buffer before. I had just bought a 1997 dodge ram for $1000 because it needed a new engine and looked like hell. Paid the man took it hope swapped the engine and carried on. After driving it a few weeks i realized how terrible it looked. So i went down to harbor freight and bought the cheapest rotory buffer and a wool pad and went to town lol. for not knowing what the hell i was doing i think it came out quite nice hahaha. I have no idea what compound i used or if i even used a polish after. I do know that i used either megs 26 or zymol from the local autoparts store because i loved to wax my cars/trucks back then and those were the best available at any local store imo. Any way here they are

Before:

Notice the severe oxidation on the hood!!!

After:

Now i warn you. What you are about to see in the next pic is graphic.... Some of you might cry, some might scream, hell some might grab your computer as it sits and throw it right out the window after viewing the picture you are about to see lol

OHHHH THE HUMANITY!!!!! WHY!!!! What sick S.O.B. would do something like this?!?!?! hahahaha I was in my early 20s and loved me some 4wheelin hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Picture i just found of the first truck i ever buffed! Before and After :)

LOL! Great pics!! Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

I took my car through a mud hole a couple weeks ago for the first time. Tire shine and all lol. Was fun.
    2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5S Burgundy.

+1 Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brondondolon View Post
    hahaha nice!
    Exactly! Good you found that pictures, you've started strong. But the topic is absolutely hilarious, thanks for making me laugh that way ahhahaha

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Especially being your first time with a buffer (and a rotary no less,lol) great turn around!

Post Thanks / Like

I bet it all cleaned off much easier though!

HUMP

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Yeah i had no idea what i was doing at the time. But i figured well anything will make it look better then it does. The clear coat was peeling in two spots around the hood and i also fixed that by spraying a rattle can of clear coat and wet sanding. Something i also never did before. The guy i bought the truck off of said it was sitting for something like 5 years. Right by the beach. It looked way worse in person when i bought it. I remember the rotary buffer being so heavy and vibrated so bad i didnt even want to finish. To be honest i didnt even know DA polishers existed till about a year ago. So this whole time ive had to work with a rotary lol I am so fortunate that i now have a DA lol

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks for sharing

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast