autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys What do you think?

New member just bought a 95 Hellrot red 840ci...excied to start detailing it! After research this is the process and products I thought of. I dont have a orbital buffer and the car is in great shape minor swirls would like to see them diminished I will be doing everything by hand.

1. CG Citrus Wash
    2. Meguiars Clay
    3. Klasse AIO Polish
    4. CG EZ Creme
    5. Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealent
    6. Collinite 845

The part I am a little not sure what I should use is the polish/paint cleaner part. I dont know what will work better for this system Klasse AIO, P21s Paint Cleaner or Pinnacle Paint Cleaner. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey Guys What do you think?

heres some pics of the car to get an idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey Guys What do you think?-img_00000474-jpg   Hey Guys What do you think?-img_00000503-jpg   Hey Guys What do you think?-img_00000510-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Hellrot! Nice car and congrats.

From my experience, my black BMW absolutely LOVES P21 Gloss Enhancing Paint cleaner. I have been using DG501 lately but still use the P21 GEPC on my car. I use a machine though. By hand may be tougher to get the results a machine does but if that's all ya got have at it.

Where are you located? Lots of folks here like to help out if your up for it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im in Staten Island...i read alot of good reviews about the p21

Post Thanks / Like

That car in THAT color is an orgasm with 4 wheels!!! The only down side of that color is to have your "license and registration" handy

Post Thanks / Like

I did a rather thorough test of several paint "cleaners" i.e. post cut and polish processes on my black 2007 E92 and the P21 was the winner by far. Slickest, cleanest finish i got from 4 test samples. The slickness was so good i was suspect of something left behind prior to applying my Blackfire sealant but it's holding strong.

The appearance of the P21 finish out glossed the others.

Good luck with the ride Hellrot. Enjoy the living heck out of it!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol!! I got pulled over the second day I had it...rightfully so because I had a plate in the window because I bought it in Jersey which gives the cops a reason lol...I always wanted a hellrot 8 though I love them in black as well they dont look as dated

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I was really undecided about the p21 or Klasse AIO...what do you think about all of these products together do you think they will work well together

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrot 840ci View Post
    New member just bought a 95 Hellrot red 840ci...excied to start detailing it! After research this is the process and products I thought of. I dont have a orbital buffer and the car is in great shape minor swirls would like to see them diminished I will be doing everything by hand.

1. CG Citrus Wash
    2. Meguiars Clay
    3. Klasse AIO Polish
    4. CG EZ Creme
    5. Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealent
    6. Collinite 845

The part I am a little not sure what I should use is the polish/paint cleaner part. I dont know what will work better for this system Klasse AIO, P21s Paint Cleaner or Pinnacle Paint Cleaner. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
    Nice car.

Honestly, you'll get a lot better results using a machine and a machine polish if the car has swirls / paint defects. If you must work by hand, I would use Amigo. It's an easier product to use and combines a glaze and paint cleaner into one step.

A lot of people start out working by hand, only to not get the results they expected and getting frustrated with the time they spent trying to get those results. If you use a machine, you really only need polish and a wax/LSP. You don't need paint cleaners and glazes. Polishing will make the paint look better than any glaze or paint cleaner will.

Post Thanks / Like

And looking at your process and considering your doing it by hand, i would substitute the P21 (or whatever you decide as a paint cleaner) for the Klasse AIO. I would also skip the CG EZ Creme but will admit i have no experience with it. I would wash, clay, P21 and then seal followed by Collinite after it cures. I like to top my sealant with carnauba after the first wash, about a week later.

Again, lots of opinions here and some may disagree with my approach but that's the fun part...seeing what others like to do.

Having started out many years ago like you and purely "by hand" i would love to see someone offer a machine or if you have the funds you may want to consider getting one. I'm in Tampa and unfortunately too far away. Would love to get my hands on that paint with you. Machines make a HUGE difference and make the work so much easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast