autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been working away at my garage..check it out!

Well these past two weekends I've been working away at my garage and it's coming along nicely. I've added extra plugs becuase you can never have enough plugs, drywalled it, mudded it and painted it. Majority of the stuff I've done my self but I got some help from a good friend of mine with the drywall and the painting...I found out I don't have the patiance for painting...but it turned out okay.

Oh check out the lighting

I'm still not done, I need to do the floor and I need some shelves and I'm good to go.

Now to the pictures:

Before:

Guess what these bad boys are for?

After:

I had a guy at work that does street lighting design help me out with the a patern that would maximize the lighting in my garage and it come out great, no dark spot in this garage...nothing but lumins.

Like I said it's not completed just yet but it's getting there. The wall mounted lights I'm going to be getting some grills to protect them so I don't break them.

Well just thought I'd share with my fellow Geeks. My family and I have had a blast working in the garage, specially my little princess. Good bonding, looking forward to enjoying the garage.....now about those AG banners hehehehe.

If you guys have any tips or pointers feel free to pass them over.

Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos..man that looks great. I was thinking of taking some of my garage to share as well. I just added 2 flourescent lights on each side for additional lighting and replaced the bulbs with the new energy efficient flourescent style. What is as important for me though, is my 400 watt stereo with subwoofer to listen to Rage Against the Machine, Godsmack or Metallica when doing my work. Also, a fridge and the icing on the cake is a big, honking remote controlled overhead fan to keep me from sweating away to nothing (although I don't think that's possible, LOL).

Post Thanks / Like
    That is one unbelievable before and after transformation! I bet that took you a long time. Did you do anything special for the flooring of the garage?

Either way, that light setup is great. Look forward to more pics with detailed cars in it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea forgot to put this one up...I agree what's a garage with out a stereo

That's the Sony with a nice pumping subwoofer..me likei very much

I had to put it on my little cart because I haven't put up shelves for it...and music is a must...something with a nice beat...you got good taste in music...I like some Reggeaton/Salsa/Cumbia...I'm a Latino I got to have some Latino music

Oh and yes all the light bulbs are T8 40W energy efficient rated for 30,000 hrs...should last me some time.

mmm..only thing missing is a fan..nope to late..I'm going to have to sweat it out hahahaha...mmm..fridge...mmm..good idea. For the winter I got a heater in the garage so it will be just fine to work during winter.

Thanks for the tip richy...I saw some nice shelves at HomeDepo the other day...I love garages.

Hey don't hold back...I wana see your garage...I love seeing pictures of peoples "stuff" gives me ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    That is one unbelievable before and after transformation! I bet that took you a long time. Did you do anything special for the flooring of the garage?

Either way, that light setup is great. Look forward to more pics with detailed cars in it!
    I've been working away at it when ever I have spare time, but now it's really taking shape.

Flooring, I was talking to my main bro sparkie and I think I'm going to go with the Epoxy kits. I got two of them and that's what's next...once the floor is done I'll be able to add all the shelves I need.

Thanks for the compliments buddy oh and I'll be detailing lots in this garage...the garage is where I do majority of my brain storming.

oh by the way for those that live close to me...my ofer is still open..garage is open to who ever whant's to come over and detail....nothing like a bunch of guys detailing a car...or fooling around with a car..stereos/engine...you name it. Hey CalgaryDetail, that's a hint to you buddy...bring that new rig over

Post Thanks / Like
    Woah, Nica, that is cool!! WHAT a turnaround!!! It is amazing. Looks freaking fantastic!!! Nothing like a job well done, eh?
    Kudos!!!
    ~Lauren~
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Woah! Very nice!!! That lighting is just crazy... must be very bright in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need more lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap nice work Nica! beautiful garage and cars in it!
    Justin's Auto Detailing
    Owner/Operator

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast