autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need Help

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Help

Alright I have 3 cars that my friend and I are going to detail and need help on the order to use each product and which products to use
    1st car is a 04 tiburon (rally red) and has some swirls and little scratches
    2nd car is a 02 Altima (black) and has swirls as well and little scratches
    3rd car is a 91 S10 and is navy blue but looks black because of how un-shiny the finish is, it has oxidation on some parts and im sure swirls aswell
    the first car we are going to do is the s10 because we are new at buffering and want to practice on something that wont matter if we mess up with that said we need to be pointed in the right direction
    we plan to use a paint cleaner/cleaner wax (If anyone has advice on whether the megs cleaner wax 6, or can recommend something better)
    second we planned on clay baring then using a polish ( havnt figured out which one to use) next we planned to use megs machine glaze 3? (again if anyone has experience, recommendations)
    then a wax which we have not decided on (maybe the PS21 or meg gold class liq)
    ( would a swirl remover be necessary if the steps mentioned above were done, if so which one)
    the other cars we just planned on a cleaner wax, clay bar, polish and/ or glaze, then wax
    Any recommendations on what we should do in what order and what products to use?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help

One of the biggest questions I have for you is are you working by machine or by hand?

1) wash
    2) clay
    3) cleaner wax
    4) polish
    5) protect

Let us know if you are working by hand and machine.

Andy
    101impala
    Without trucks, America stops!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, yea i guess i did forget to mention that.. ill be using the 7424 i just ordered a little while back

Post Thanks / Like

My experience with cleaner wax is it creates as much work as it helps. The cleaner wax combo is the product that causes the most white residue/stain on trim. I always opt for a stand alone cleaner and then wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    My experience with cleaner wax is it creates as much work as it helps. The cleaner wax combo is the product that causes the most white residue/stain on trim. I always opt for a stand alone cleaner and then wax.
    You could skip the cleaner wax if you wanted to and go to polish after claying.

1)wash
    2)clay
    3)polish
    4)protect
    5)maintain

Andy
    Without trucks, America stops!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 101impala View Post
    You could skip the cleaner wax if you wanted to and go to polish after claying.

1)wash
    2)clay
    3)polish
    4)protect
    5)maintain

Andy
    100%.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay thanks guys how does this sound
    meg's wash, megs clay, megs 9, megs 3 then megs 26
    Does anyone recommend a better polish then megs 3?
    thanks again

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.