autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: undecided

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

undecided

Well I have read so much now I cannot decide which products to purchase...buffer,pads,and which material to use. I need to compound my boat. I tried a cheap buffer and really could not get anything done. I'm sure others on here do what I am trying to get done on a daily basis and I am a firm believer of learning from someone that knows . THANKS for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: undecided

gelcoat is much tougher than the clearcoat on cars. Might want to even hit it with wool on a rotary using some of the duragloss RV compounds
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: undecided

I've always found gel coat to be softer actually. Pulling scratches and oxidation out of gel coat has always been much less of a hassle than on clear coat.

My go to product is Megs Oxidation Remover. Stuff works awesome even under the hot sun. I usually use a wool pad on a rotary. Spread some of the product around with an applicator pad and work in small sections. You may need a marine compound depending on the severity of the job.

Once you do the whole boat with that, I go straight to polish. The Oxidation remover is a great product. If you want to...you can go straight to a marine sealant following the Oxidation Remover. It leaves a nice finish as is. But polishing never hurts in between. Depends how picky you are.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.