autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

BFWD test results

Well, I received my BFWD this morning and I done a test spot on Black Caddilac trunk. 1/2 trunk BFWD and the other 1/2 Colonite 845. My findings are as follow. Both products easy to apply. After about 30 minutes (in 70 degree heated garage) it was time to wipe down. BWD was much easier to remove and I will add that it is one of the easiest product to remove. As far as clarity, reflection and depth I honestly can not see any visible difference. Next test will be to take it out in the sun if we ever get any here. As far as longevity It does not matter to me since the car is in the garage most of the time. I will also follow up on the hood with 1/2 hood BFWD and the other 1/2 with Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax. IMHO I am not looking for much, if any changes.
    Would I buy BFWD again,,Yes just for ease of application and removal if nothing more.
    Some of you might not agree with my findings and that is ok since my findings are not scientifically based just my observations.

Opinions welcome!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BFWD test results

I've used both products over the last year or so. Honestly, I cannot say or agree that BFWD is MUCH easier to remove than 845.

I find both products very similar in application and removal. 845 lasts a bit longer from my own findings but if you daily drive your car, I find both products fall way short of their claimed duration period.

The only real advantage from my own findings for BFWD is that you can use it safely on glass.

Post Thanks / Like

How about with regards to slickness? I've found BFWD to be the slickest product I've used, far more so than 845.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    How about with regards to slickness? I've found BFWD to be the slickest product I've used, far more so than 845.
    BFWD is pretty slick, but honestly, after one wash I can't tell the difference.

The slickest sealant I've used so far is Wolf's bodywrap. That is hands down much slicker than 845 or bfwd. Plus it stays slick after many washes.

Post Thanks / Like

I find 845 very easy to wipe off but I have never left it on for 30 minutes, 10 at the most, everything I have read is the longer you leave it on the harder to wipe off, it's almost a WOWO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    I find 845 very easy to wipe off but I have never left it on for 30 minutes, 10 at the most, everything I have read is the longer you leave it on the harder to wipe off, it's almost a WOWO.
    I agree, if you WOWO 845 works great. I gave them both same amount of time. The only reason IMO BFWD is easy to wipe of is the amount of mineral spirits in it. You can smell it.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience, I find BFWD to be easier to work with than 845. The big challenge with 845 is keeping the layer very thin; whereas with BFWD, there seems to be more margin in case you are a bit heavy handed. Easy solution is to apply 845 by machine.

I find it interesting how you don't see a difference between the two. Perhaps it is all "in my head" but in my opinion, I find BFWD looks more wet.

I agree with Kaban about Body Wrap - that stuff is gorgeous. However, I do find BFWD easier to live with: no need for special car soaps, QD or any of that jazz.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's no secret that I love BFWD. 845 is awesome too, but there is something so satisfying about using BFWD. Not to mention the unmatched slickness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RohrC View Post
    From my experience, I find BFWD to be easier to work with than 845. The big challenge with 845 is keeping the layer very thin; whereas with BFWD, there seems to be more margin in case you are a bit heavy handed. Easy solution is to apply 845 by machine.

I find it interesting how you don't see a difference between the two. Perhaps it is all "in my head" but in my opinion, I find BFWD looks more wet.

I agree with Kaban about Body Wrap - that stuff is gorgeous. However, I do find BFWD easier to live with: no need for special car soaps, QD or any of that jazz.
    How does Wolfs Body Wrap compare to Ultima Paint Guard Plus?

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I have not had a chance to use UPGP. I find it really easy to use: think BFWD just more hydrophobic and slicker. However, you always have to use their soap and QD to keep that slickness. Great stuff overall though.

I use OC on my personal vehicle and find that when Body Wrap is new, the hydrophobic properties are about the same. After a couple washes (none Wolf Chemicals), that property goes down substantially.

Disclaimer: Not official tests ... just everyday use on a garaged kept vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast