autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The new mf polishing pads?

I've heard of these mf cutting polishing and finishing pads. But know nothing of them. I just got a PC and I need all new pads. Can I use these mf cutting pads with uc for heavy cutting? How r they different from foam pads other than not being foam..

Also I just booked a deal with a dealership to do all their trade ins so with my new 6 in PC I'm prolly going with a 5in backing plate but how many and what pads should I get to keep me going for a while at least a month or so?

Would the new mf pads be good due to them being easy to machine wash?

As much info as u have any and all please help.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The new mf polishing pads?

All I use is MF pads unless I run into some soft paint. I love them. I used to be a 100% rotary guy until I tried MF pads on a da. That rotary has only been used like twice in the past 3 months. They cut harder and faster than foam pads. Foam finishes nicer. I've never used ultimate compound with them, but I'm sure it would work fine. I generally use 105 & 205 with them.

I clean mine by hand. I soak them in dawn dish soap and water for a few hours. Then I rinse them in the sink until the water squeezed out is clear. I spin them on my rotary to get out excess water. I generally use 1 pad per half of the car. I blow the pad out after each section I work. I'd get a few of each to start for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Also will the backing plate that comes with the starter kit megs has work on a PC?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmfp View Post
    All I use is MF pads unless I run into some soft paint. I love them. I used to be a 100% rotary guy until I tried MF pads on a da. That rotary has only been used like twice in the past 3 months. They cut harder and faster than foam pads. Foam finishes nicer. I've never used ultimate compound with them, but I'm sure it would work fine. I generally use 105 & 205 with them.

I clean mine by hand. I soak them in dawn dish soap and water for a few hours. Then I rinse them in the sink until the water squeezed out is clear. I spin them on my rotary to get out excess water. I generally use 1 pad per half of the car. I blow the pad out after each section I work. I'd get a few of each to start for sure
    Thanks for that info.. how many different mf pads do they have I've only seen the cutting and finishing.
    Also u say foam finishes better. Would it be good to do polishing or cutting with the mf pads then finish with foam?

And are they a better value than foam? Like due to the fact they're easy to clean and, do they last longer? Like I could get more jobs done with the mf pads vs foam pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    What in the world does that have to do with mf pads?

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how i ended up in this post lmao

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha.. OK.. but back to mf pads. Are there more than just the cutting and finishing ones? And do the offer a better value than foam? Like last longer, work better...

Anyone maybe have a pros and cons on foam vs mf pads?

Post Thanks / Like

MF pads cut better than foam pads so they save time. I only use foam pads for finishing polish. The biggest thing for me is I can use 1-2 MF pads for one car as for foam pads would take me 5 or more pads to do one car.
    When using MF pads then need to be clean often by using a pad brush or using compressed air it what I use. I don't know why people say don't use MF pads on soft paint I do all the time with great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    Ha.. OK.. but back to mf pads. Are there more than just the cutting and finishing ones? And do the offer a better value than foam? Like last longer, work better...

Anyone maybe have a pros and cons on foam vs mf pads?

Ive only seen cutting and finishing except i believe lc makes only one pad for both. The only problem I have with them is they will marr soft paint. Some paints I just can't get them to finish perfectly. The only time I use foam pads is for finishing.

I have polished 25+ cars with a set of 2 each and they are still going strong. I have tried meguiars and optimum MF pads and like the meguiars better. The optimum cutting pad I have failed after 2 panels.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast