autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Star Shine

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

5 Star Shine

I'm not sure if it is OK to ask about a question about a product not on this site. My question is has anyone ever used a product called 5 Star Shine and if so how does it compare to a top quality sealer like Wolfgang, etc.? I seen an advertisement on the web for this 5 star product but looking for some feedback if it is recommended or not. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5 Star Shine

Sure you can ask, we just ask that you don't include links. I have not used it but maybe someone here can help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjitsu View Post
    I'm not sure if it is OK to ask about a question about a product not on this site. My question is has anyone ever used a product called 5 Star Shine and if so how does it compare to a top quality sealer like Wolfgang, etc.? I seen an advertisement on the web for this 5 star product but looking for some feedback if it is recommended or not. Thanks.

I don't recommend it. I was told it has teflon in the chemistry which affects repainting the car if you need it to be repainted ie. car gets in a wreck or something like that. I use another version of 5 SS that does not have teflon so it's more body shop friendly, but it is expensive.

Derrick

Post Thanks / Like

It has been dismissed several times on several forums. It is a paint sealant similar to Xillion and the durability has been challenged numerous times. Even dealer installed sealants need reapplication for proper protection during warranty periods.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah if you search Autopia you'll find some reviews pretty much dismissing it. Stick with a nice and durable sealant like Duragloss 105, or even a wax like Collinite 915 etc.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I enjoy killerwheels' posts very much lately.

You cant go wrong with wolfgang sealant. Durability,slickness and protection are very good.
    2007 Mercedes Benz S550
    Arctic White/Pano roof/AMG package

Post Thanks / Like

This 5StarShine website has been around forever. They do heavy marketing, but I've never actually read any positive reviews, recommendations, or experiences with the product. So I don't know about you, but I'm not going to try a $70 product from some idiot company that has no reputation.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjitsu View Post
    5Starshine or PPS is a awsome sealant that will outlasts all the other boutique sealants, I can say this without a doubt. 1 kit is enough to do 3 medium sized cars if used properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    I don't recommend it. I was told it has teflon in the chemistry which affects repainting the car if you need it to be repainted ie. car gets in a wreck or something like that. I use another version of 5 SS that does not have teflon so it's more body shop friendly, but it is expensive.

Derrick
    Toughguard? Well if it's toughguard I can say it's not more body shop friendly then PPS/5SS. I have not heard that anyone had a problem to respray a car who have been sealed with 5SS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tempter927 View Post

And all of his old posts, for that matter.

You cant go wrong with wolfgang sealant. Durability,slickness and protection are very good.
    Never tried *****, but I tend to shy away from anything that claims to protect and shine forever and ever, like those dealer sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tempter927 View Post

thank you ...its rather nice to know someone is listening, or heck even dismissing my choices after reading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast