autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round one: McKee's 37 line put to work

Round 1: McKee’s 37 put to work

First off, I was sent a box of product to put through its paces and perform reviews from Nick. I only used a few of the many products sent. I first wanted to get somewhat of a Show ‘N Shine together and then individual reviews will come.

Thanks a bunch Nick!

Now my wife’s BMW has seen its fair share of Autobahn driving in the nasty salt covered roads from winter weather. It was long overdue for a proper wash and I received a box just in time to help get the grime off the vehicle.

Armed with my newly purchased Kärcher Underbody Chassis cleaner in hand and Kärcher Pressure Washer, I took off doing the chassis of the BMW first. I must have spent an hour on this process, as you will see below. I decided to put the Xtreme Foam Formula in the foam attachment to foam the undercarriage after blasting away the dirt to help further clean the chassis. After that I HP rinsed the chassis again to remove the Foam residue.

After the chassis was taken care of next up is the wheel, tire, and wheel well routine. I first started cleaning up the wheels with the Foaming Gel Wheel Cleaner. I noticed it was thicker than other wheel cleaners and stuck pretty well to the wheel without running off. Nowhere is the harsh chemical smell of a color-changing wheel cleaner. Next up are the tires. The Rubber Rejuvenator works as you can see the tire bleeding brown residue as you clean the tire. The wheel wells were cleaned up with the Cleanse All exterior cleaner.

When starting the exterior of the vehicle I wanted to remove and cut down the amount of filth on the outside before touching it with a wash mitt. I first gave the vehicle a HP rinse to blast away as much filth as I could. Next up I foamed the vehicle with McKee’s 37 Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo and let it dwell on the surface for a while. After giving it some time to saturate, I gave it a HP rinse to remove the soap residues. I did not know it at that exact moment but found out later on in the wash stage how effective it was by letting the foam residue dwell and then HP rinsing it off.

After I rinsed the soap residue off, I loaded up McKee’s 37 Power Wash and foamed the vehicle again, I also loaded up the 2BM with Power wash in the wash bucket and set off washing the vehicle with the foam still dwelling on the surface. Here is where I realized how effective the first step of pre foaming the vehicle was as I could not believe how relatively clean my mitt was coming from the surface considering how dirty the paint was to start with.

After getting the vehicle washed I gave it another HP rinse to thoroughly remove all soap residues and proceeded to blow dry the vehicle with a leaf blower. When the vehicle was dry I followed up with an application of McKee’s 37 Fast Wax to protect the surface.

Keep your eyes open as the paint correction will follow up in another thread when I get more time to accomplish the correction work.

Total time spent on the wash detail: 5 Hours

Undercarriage:
    HP Rinse via Kärcher underbody chassis cleaner
    Undercarriage foamed via Kärcher Chassis cleaner/foam gun attachment and McKee’s 37 Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo
    Another HP Rinse via Kärcher underbody chassis cleaner to remove Foam Wash residue
    Kärcher 3n1 Chassis protectant applied via Kärcher foam gun attachment

Wheels, Tires, and wells:
    Wheels cleaned up with McKee’s 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel
    Tires Cleaned up with McKee’s 37 Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator
    Wheel wells cleaned up with McKee’s 37 Cleanse All Exterior Cleaner

Wash:
    HP Rinse with Kärcher Pressure washer
    Foamed with McKee’s 37 Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo and left to dwell
    HP Rinse McKee’s 37 Foam Formula from surface
    Foamed again with McKee’s 37 Power wash
    While covered in foam washed with Power wash via 2BM

Protection:
    Spray wax application with McKee’s 37 Fast wax
    Tires & Trim protected with McKee’s 37 Gloss Tire Gel

The start of the job

Foaming the undercarriage after a HP rinse to help cut down/remove filth

Next up: wheels, tires, wells

Foaming round 1

Foaming round 2

Nice and thick

After washing with foam soaked surface

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round one: McKee's 37 line put to work

And the afters

Still to come: Full decon, Paint correction, and LSP

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike! That Karcher undercariage pw is awesome. The results from the new McKees 37 line really speak for themselves. Looking forward to seeing your next review when you tackle the paint defects.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike awesome job, how much soap did you find yourself using to get such nice suds?
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive. So looks like the new line is on. How did you like using them? Any one product (s) really stand out.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, exactly what i've been looking forward to. And great review not only of the new line but a good reset of proper procedure as well. Extracting the best out of something is how effectively its used.

Now tell her to head back out to the AB wiff da cleanest, shiniest BMV "Touring" model top to bottom!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb@ImpeccableImage View Post
    Great review Mike! That Karcher undercariage pw is awesome. The results from the new McKees 37 line really speak for themselves. Looking forward to seeing your next review when you tackle the paint defects.
    Thanks Caleb! I love that undercarriage PW Attachment.

Cant wait to clean up the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Mike awesome job, how much soap did you find yourself using to get such nice suds?
    Thanks Chris. I put in 5-6oz and filled the rest with water.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Impressive. So looks like the new line is on. How did you like using them? Any one product (s) really stand out.
    I really quite enjoyed this new line. From what I have used I really like all of them.

I soon will be picking up the gallon sizes. This line offers tremendous bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Thanks Mike, exactly what i've been looking forward to. And great review not only of the new line but a good reset of proper procedure as well. Extracting the best out of something is how effectively its used.

Now tell her to head back out to the AB wiff da cleanest, shiniest BMV "Touring" model top to bottom!
    Thank you good sir. Im glad you enjoyed.

I may have gone off the deep end but made sure to effectively put them through their paces. I cant wait to tackle the paint defects. It has been more than 1.5yr since the paint has seen machine work... Always to busy taking care of others vehicles than mine.

There isn't a cleaner BMW on the road than hers.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Mike! Can't wait to see more

Post Thanks / Like

Looking great sir!!!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write-up and pictures Mike!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast