autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extreme Glass Restoration

That would be added income on classic cars,they redo everything but the glass. I did a yellow nomad on Thursday it had a scratch in the upper right corner,I suggested removing with that system.Being he owns a body shop he told me the heat generated by polishing would explode the glass,I don't know if that's true or not he has the glass pads but afraid to use it,and I sure wasn't gonna try.Im gonna look into this,nice review thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    That would be added income on classic cars,they redo everything but the glass. I did a yellow nomad on Thursday it had a scratch in the upper right corner,I suggested removing with that system.Being he owns a body shop he told me the heat generated by polishing would explode the glass,I don't know if that's true or not he has the glass pads but afraid to use it,and I sure wasn't gonna try.Im gonna look into this,nice review thanks.
    If you kept a rotary @ 3000 rpm in one place for 5 minutes, it could explode the glass. You would be hard pressed trying to explode a windshield on purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

What about side glass without membrane like the windshield,how long deos it take for a scratch you fixed and ball park estimate of cost from the consumer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Amazing, that glass looks better than the day it was made
    Thanks a lot jamesboyy

Quote Originally Posted by chriskraft3 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    Try the rotary, it'll do the job but take all precautions as in 6th post

Thanks buddy. classic cars go for it. start slowly, take your time, it's achievable. if you've removed water spots using a buffer, you will use the same technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you kept a rotary @ 3000 rpm in one place for 5 minutes, it could explode the glass. You would be hard pressed trying to explode a windshield on purpose.
    Yes, the speed should be kept up to 1500 rpm. it'll take more time but will save us a lot.

What about side glass without membrane like the windshield,how long deos it take for a scratch you fixed and ball park estimate of cost from the consumer.
    you work in the same way, but watch for pressure applied.
    this one took me more than 2 hours.

for the cost I cannot say too much, because I'm not in the US and detailing is my passion, not even a side business. I mostly look to break even + a little profit to invest in new products. And I've used AGO as a platform for learning how to detail. So a way to give back to the AGO community is to share what i've done.

cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123