autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro essence combined with orange Lake Country Hybrids and Flex 3401

I promised Mike@DedicatedPerfection and Caleb@ImpeccableImage that I would share my experience using CarPro Essence with orange Lake Country Hybrids and my Flex 3401. I figured I'd make a new post with some high res results.

I decided to compare the Hybrid's performance to a Meguiar's microfiber cutting pad on my Griot's Garage G21.

Here is the G35 trunk I experimented on.

I ran both machines at speed 4.5 for 3 correcting passes and bumped my speed and pressure down for the final 4th pass.

Microfiber side after correction

Hybrid side after correction

Both combos yielded very impressive correction. It does appear that I had fewer remaining defects on the microfiber pad side, but the Hybrids still performed excellently.

Huge improvement overall.

Here is a video I took that better shows the remaining defects after correcting with both combos. The microfiber side is on the left and the Hybrid side is on the right.

https://youtu.be/QvXRuG1VINQ

A couple of extra passes on the Hybrid side did take care of the remaining defects. I found that it helps to apply a little pressure to get a good amount of correction. Surprisingly, I did not notice any hazing on this paint from the microfiber side. Both combos finished down pretty nicely.

Anyways that's my experience.

Here are some shots of the finished correction job on this G35.

Debadged at customer's request.

Thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro essence combined with orange Lake Country Hybrids and Flex 3401

First off, thank you for taking the time too put this together Harris. Truly appreciated.

Just an observation, maybe a better comparison would have been using a hybrid wool pad on the Flex. One machine has a foam pad, the other a fiber pad. Please, no offense put forth.

Either way, they both performed admirably well. Was this one step process carried out over the entire vehicle with that aggressive combination?

What will be the LSP?

Again, thanks for putting this together.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The Meguiars MF is the best MF pad I have used as far as ability to correct is concerned. Using M205 with it has really nice correction ability too and thats a finishing polish.

Are you able to try the same test with the LC HD Orbital Blue and Orange and the ThinPro Grey?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    First off, thank you for taking the time too put this together Harris. Truly appreciated.

Just an observation, maybe a better comparison would have been using a hybrid wool pad on the Flex. One machine has a foam pad, the other a fiber pad. Please, no offense put forth.

Either way, they both performed admirably well. Was this one step process carried out over the entire vehicle with that aggressive combination?

What will be the LSP?

Again, thanks for putting this together.

You're welcome, Mike. I can probably do a test with a foam wool pad as well. I only compared the Hybrid pad to the microfiber pad since it was what I had used last in this thread on the black Mercedes.

The trunk received Reload as the LSP. I actually finished with PF2500 and applied Füzion on the rest of the panels. I spent most of my time removing some old PPF stuck to the front of the car and only had a little time for this small test.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    The Meguiars MF is the best MF pad I have used as far as ability to correct is concerned. Using M205 with it has really nice correction ability too and thats a finishing polish.

Are you able to try the same test with the LC HD Orbital Blue and Orange and the ThinPro Grey?
    I actually tried out the ThinPro grey pads in the thread link I posted in the reply above. I might be able to dig up some blue HDs I have laying around and give that a shot. Really I'm just having fun with different pad combos. I'll mostly be using Essence on customer's cars as a finishing polish / prep for coating, but it's still cool to see what kind of correction you can get using it as your only product

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Really I'm just having fun with different pad combos.
    I am passionate about this too, just by changing pads I can get a compound to cut and finish like a medium polish or ultra finishing polish and a finishing polish like a medium polish. Pads are something I am currently really into and have over a 100 and counting. Would be nice to see more comparison tests between compounds,polishes,pads,AIO's,LSP's etc. from forum members.

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Harris thank you so much for doing this! Like you said they both seemed to have produced similar results. Like Mike stated makes me wonder how the hybrid wool pad would have done. Either way thanks for taking the time to put this together. I always look forward to your in depth reviews and being deployed right now it gives me something to look forward too. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    You're welcome, Mike. I can probably do a test with a foam wool pad as well. I only compared the Hybrid pad to the microfiber pad since it was what I had used last in this thread on the black Mercedes.

The trunk received Reload as the LSP. I actually finished with PF2500 and applied Füzion on the rest of the panels. I spent most of my time removing some old PPF stuck to the front of the car and only had a little time for this small test.

Thank you.

Understood good sir. Makes sense now for the comparison. You don't have to give them another go with the heavier pads.

I will keep my eyes open whenever you do a coating job and use Essence as a finishing polish after a compounding session.

The Nissan looks great now.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

So as not to hijack this thread I created my own as I need some advice from those here that have experience with the products:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...e-reflect.html

To the OP,apologies for the slight intrusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb@ImpeccableImage View Post
    Harris thank you so much for doing this! Like you said they both seemed to have produced similar results. Like Mike stated makes me wonder how the hybrid wool pad would have done. Either way thanks for taking the time to put this together. I always look forward to your in depth reviews and being deployed right now it gives me something to look forward too. Cheers!
    Whoops! My apologies, I forgot to check back on this thread. You're welcome Caleb. Thanks for the kind words and your service.

Thank you.

Understood good sir. Makes sense now for the comparison. You don't have to give them another go with the heavier pads.

I will keep my eyes open whenever you do a coating job and use Essence as a finishing polish after a compounding session.

The Nissan looks great now.
    Thanks Mike. Always fun experimenting with new products

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    So as not to hijack this thread I created my own as I need some advice from those here that have experience with the products:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...e-reflect.html

To the OP,apologies for the slight intrusion.
    No worries!

Post Thanks / Like

I used a 5" foam wool pad on my flex with Essence on a MBC230 Ceramiclear. And while it did OK, the ceramiclear was just too hard to get decent correction with Essence. Car was hacked up pretty bad.

I switched to Foam wool and M100, then Yellow Megs Foam & Essence. Got about 80% correction this way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast