autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: More headlight restorations

Quick question would a paint prep product be fine to use prior to coating such as eraser, optimum paint prep or Wolfgang and what not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdez View Post
    What coat did you use in your customer that the protection failed after one year? Also, Did he maintained as you normally suggest them?
    Are you talking about the Range Rover customer from last year?
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g35_coupe View Post
    Are you talking about the Range Rover customer from last year?
    Yeah

EDIT: but I think I didn't understand well, did you mean they are returning customers because the protection you used didn't last? or they came back to do another headlights? not the one you previously restored.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you misunderstood me. I did his Range Rover last year (personal SUV). He was happy with the results so he had me do two of his company trucks recently. Just a repeat customer, not a repeat job.
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g35_coupe View Post
    I think you misunderstood me. I did his Range Rover last year (personal SUV). He was happy with the results so he had me do two of his company trucks recently. Just a repeat customer, not a repeat job.
    Hahaha just what I thought, sorry for the confusion. Amazing works as always .

Are you using DLux now? or did you keep using Opti-Lens?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    Quick question would a paint prep product be fine to use prior to coating such as eraser, optimum paint prep or Wolfgang and what not?
    I have been using the recommended IPA but I know some coatings recommend using their own prep formula. I'm sure it would be fine as long as it cleans and promotes bonding.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha just what I thought, sorry for the confusion. Amazing works as always .

Are you using DLux now? or did you keep using Opti-Lens?
    Still using OL. I will pair it up against Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light once AG starts stocking it.

Post Thanks / Like

This customer was impressed with an older Lexus I did for him so he called me back to do a 2nd and 3rd car...

This is actually the older Lexus posing with some of the many curious horses on his property. Fortunately, no MF towels managed to disappear that day.

A Porsche Cayenne belonging to a med student...

This customer had one headlight replaced due to a car accident and wanted the other side cleaned up.

Clear headlights are happy headlights...

A very close match....

A nice 370z carelessly damaged by someone with sandpaper. Owner thinks it was his "detailer". I would be furious had they done that to my vehicle. Fortunately they did not need as much work as I had initially thought.

I also recommended a quick compound/polish on the back lenses.

This is a Volvo XC90 for a used Volvo dealer that has sent me A LOT of business.

Today's 08 Corolla I knocked out in just over an hour. Customer was extremely satisfied and said they turned out better than expected.

These are kind of my bragging rights. Aftermarket lenses which took about twice as long because the factory coating was made from some extraterrestrial element with flakes of marble and a hint titanium. Had to fire missiles from the start to get things going in my favor. They still have a moderate amount of crazing but now have original light output and look 1000x better than before I arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive work as always g35_coupe! How many headlights do you restore weekly?

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive work as always g35_coupe! How many headlights do you restore weekly?
    Thank you. This is just a part time thing for me. I'd say 2-5 per week.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast