autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pushing Essence to the Limit - 2015 Grand Cheroke New Car Prep - 22ple VX3 - Attention to Detailing Peoria IL

The owner of this vehicle contacted me in search of a premium level of protection for their new vehicle. Upon inspection, it was determined that the paint needed some work to get it into a true "new" condition, so we decided our premium service which includes a one step correction process to remove the majority of defects from the paint and our standard ceramic paint coating for years of protection and gloss.

Several weeks later, when I arrived at the owner's place to work on the vehicle, it became clear that the paint was in considerably worse condition than I had originally judged. For a brand new vehicle, it was in rough shape. I still needed to stick to the original plan and budget set, so I began by testing numerous polishes and pads to determine what would yield the best results in the most efficient way possible. I was incredibly pleased to see how well Essence worked when paired with a microfiber cutting pad. Some areas required a second go, but in general, Essence knocked it out of the park! The paint turned out amazing. The black is rich and deep, and the metallic flake really pops! The car is protected and should look great for a long time!

Process Highlights
    Wash: ONR
    Decontamination: Fine Grade Nanoskin Mitt with Glide as Lubrication
    Polishing: CarPro Essence on MF Cutting Pads via G21 and LHR75e
    Paint Protection: 22ple VX3
    Tire Dressing: Waxaddicts Slicks Spray Tyre Dressing (my new favorite)

No cleaning/decon pics, so we'll get right into the correction...
    The sun was shining through the window and easily highlighted the swirls and scratches on the door, so I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me on this new vehicle.

50/50 during correction process

door before correction

door after correction - no perfect, but what an awesome difference!

50/50 during correction process... that metallic flake is really coming to life!

And now a collection of some more before and after shots throughout the job...

Applying the paint coating - I filmed much of this process, and hope to attempt at making a "how to video" for the first time.

Showing off the gloss in the sun

Shield your eyes!

The paint looked amazing! The reflections are crystal clear and the color is deep and dark!

Here's a quick iPhone video I took while snapping these pics.

Needless to say, I have more Essence on order. I've been impressed by this product every time I have used it.

As always, thanks for reading!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pushing Essence to the Limit - 2015 Grand Cheroke New Car Prep - 22ple VX3 - Attention to Detailing Peoria IL

Looks awesome. I'm really happy with essence sofar. It seems like a great product. Especially great when doing coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pushing Essence to the Limit - 2015 Grand Cheroke New Car Prep - 22ple VX3 - Attention to Detailing Peoria IL

Another beautiful job Zach!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review for us thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Zach: Where do you think Essense would fall on the Polish chart for aggressiveness? Would it come close to HD ADAPT in correction ability? Or closer to HD SPEED?

Which MF Cutting pads did you use? Megs?

Finally, there's truly no need for CarPro Eraser or ISP wipe?

OH- Looks beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Essence combined with your well known skills is a real killer combo for defect removal Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

This looks stunning!! Always been a fan of that color.

which coating did you apply?

Post Thanks / Like

What's really going to be interesting is how well deod Essence hold up all by itself without a coating topper. Hopefully it will do better than Reload which is really durable.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work Zack. How much time did you spend polishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!
    It seems that Essence is a true winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Every_detail View Post

which coating did you apply?
    It's right there in the title or under Process Highlights / Paint Protection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast