autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2002 Corvette: 1st Time Using Essence

Great work Richy. I am still confused on what Essense is supposed to be. Primer before the coating or just basically another polishing step. i have seen people already using MF cutting pads with Essence and basically stating cutting ability like a normal polish would do on a soft paint.

My question to you, since you know your stuff, what is essence supposed to be?

Primer with fillers, Polish, basically I remember seeing or reading, no wipe down needed after Essense.

Please elaborate on this.

Thanks Richy.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job! Corvette paint sure can be tricky. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'd like to know how Essence fairs as a polishing prep for the glass coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E92M3_Mark View Post
    Agree with everything.
    Thanks very much Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinpoint_Precision View Post
    Great work Richy. I am still confused on what Essense is supposed to be. Primer before the coating or just basically another polishing step. i have seen people already using MF cutting pads with Essence and basically stating cutting ability like a normal polish would do on a soft paint.

My question to you, since you know your stuff, what is essence supposed to be?

Primer with fillers, Polish, basically I remember seeing or reading, no wipe down needed after Essense.

Please elaborate on this.

Thanks Richy.
    Thanks very much! I have used it on this Corvette and again today on the hood of my wife's Durango when I was doing a review of the new Americana pads. The hood had some pretty nasty swirls that were quite deep. After 2 or 3 passes using Americut and my TB black wool, there was still some faint, light scratches. I tried using Essence with the new Americana black pad and didn't work it as long as I normally do. I did find it slightly masked the light scratches, but it was not a huge thing by any means. The gloss that it gives it what really makes it outstanding. That and it really seems to make the flake jump like crazy too.
    Today, since I was creating dust, I wiped the panels down with ONR prior to coating to remove any dust. I think that's a prudent thing to do anyway unless you're just using Essence as your one step and then, yes, you could go straight to coating.
    So, how do I classify Essence? With my experience so far, it is an amazing gloss enhancer that is also supposed to help the properties of the coating as well. Win/win. Is it a product to hide sins? Nope. I haven't tried it with a mf pad yet as I don't use them often.
    Hope that answered it.

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Very nice job! Corvette paint sure can be tricky. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'd like to know how Essence fairs as a polishing prep for the glass coating.
    Thank you! If I had time this weekend, I was going to use it on my back window followed by Forte so I could evaluate it myself. I'll do 50:50 to compare.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123