autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2016 Audi S4 Supercharged

Our first detail in our new Long Island Shop. We finally finished the majority of construction, weren't really even moved in and this Audi was first up.

Car was purchased 2 weeks ago and as you will see, the dealer did some real damage to this car while prepping it. There was 0 wax or paint protection on this vehicle. For $60,000+ one would think these dealers would care even just a little. Well, I guess thats why we have jobs!

So I had to take a picture of my first customer in the new shop

After foaming the car with Pinnacle Shampoo, we brought the car inside for a full inspection under 24 of the brightest LED's we could find. This customer was "all in" and chose a full paint correction with 22ple coating and wheels off service.

Rims were cleaned with McGuires degreaser and prepped with Eraser and coated with 22ple Metal Coating.

Wheels were baked for 15 minutes each

Wheels were re-installed using a digital torque wrench to 90lbs as per manufacturer spec

Damage on the paint was shocking for a new ride. Owner never touched the car because he knew he was having correction work done.

Diagnostics performed with Positector 6000 and paint was prepped for correction work.

Paint was AWFUL to work with. Not sure what Audi did here, but this paint was the hardest i've worked with...like a freakin tank, nothing penetrated it after 5 different test spots. I couldn't believe I needed GG Boss Microfiber pads and Fast Correcting Cream. Paint also scratches just by touching it with a gloved finger. All my brand new microfibers were also causing minor surface scratches during the wipe phase. I found by spraying distilled H20 on the towel reduced the scratching by 95%. After correction work vehicle was ready for coating

Love my PE8 on speed 2

Next we moved onto the interior...

Interior was dressed with Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Coating and Gtechniq Fabric Coating

Engine bay lightly cleaned with Blackfire All In One Tire and Trim

Some final shots

I owe the customer my usual folder with diagnostics, etc, as everything was still in boxes. We still have lots of cleaning up and organizing to get the new place in proper order...I hated working with clutter everywhere but I didn't have a choice. Total time 20 hours, 40 minutes. 1 compound step, 1 finishing step with Menzerna 4500, and after coating, 22ple final coat applied for the uptime in gloss and slickness.

Thanks for viewing and comments always appreciated.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2016 Audi S4 Supercharged

Excellent work and the new shop looks great.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin good as usual. But please tell me you had stands under the car while the wheels were off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Lookin good as usual. But please tell me you had stands under the car while the wheels were off.
    There was nowhere to safely position a stand as the entire undercarriage was plastic with 1 small entry point for a jack.

With that being said, I'm also a fireman, and had an 5000 lb rated airbag jimmy rigged underneath just in case...safety never takes a holiday!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. I corrected an ibis white S4 couple months ago and it was rock hard to correct as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    There was nowhere to safely position a stand as the entire undercarriage was plastic with 1 small entry point for a jack.

With that being said, I'm also a fireman, and had an 5000 lb rated airbag jimmy rigged underneath just in case...safety never takes a holiday!
    Being a heavy equipment mechanic for 16 years, I've unfortunately seen jacks fail. Good to hear you had something under it just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a mini version of ag workshop very nice shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new shop! I love it.

Nice work on the Audi.

Post Thanks / Like

Tremendous work, truly professional detailing. I'm Definitively Jealous of you doing such nice work, mate! :drooling:

I enjoyed reading your description regarding paint 'hardness', this adds a lot to our knowledge - I felt like it should be.

With that said, just left to thank you for sharing, and congrats on your new shop. Wish you all the best.

Kind Regards, from Brazil.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Love those window clings! You always have the nicest and most professional touches with your work. I enjoyed the folders and printouts you did in some of your other work as well.

What kind of LEDs are you running in your shop? I'm looking to upgrade some lighting. I really like that one you have running across the interior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast