I had a new customer contact me last week about her black GL350. Her young son decided that he wants to be an artist and had taken a rock and scratched pretty much everything he could reach on the paint surface. I wanted to look at the vehicle to see what could be done. She brought it in for a quote. It looked pretty bad.

I did a few test spots to see if I could do anything at all. She did not want this to turn into an insurance job and have the vehicle repainted. I made no guarantees.

The vehicle came in today for a complete paint correction and sealant application.

I found that this paint was extremely soft and marred very easily.

UWW'd the vehicle after arrival and after it cooled down. Meg's D108 on engine compartment. Adam's deep wheel cleaner and misc brushes on wheels. Tuf Shine cleaner on tires. Tuf Shine brush.

Medium nano sponge for clay. Dodo born slippery for lube.

Flex 3401 for correction-speeds 4-6 and Griot's 6" for sealant application.

HD CUT and HD SPEED was on deck for today.

HD POXY lsp

Meg's 5" thin foam cutting, polishing and waxing discs.

Blackfire tire dressing.

Blackfire AIO tire/trim on engine compartment

Adam's total interior detailer on interior.

Metro vac and master blaster

HD glass on glass

I don't think I am forgetting anything, but I may have...this thing had a TON of real estate to cover and I am BEAT!!!!

Onto the pics! Let them tell the story...

How the vehicle arrived to me:

This is how the majority of the vehicle looked:

The 'artwork' on the vehicle was just ridiculous!

50/50

Tailgate scratches:

After:

After shots:

End result: SUV came out great! Customer was absolutely blown away by the results I could achieve. It was not 100%, but I feel I got about 85% corrected. I could not get all of the very heavy scratches completely out, nor a lot of the road rash (hit a fence), however, for not wet sanding and not having to have the car repainted, I feel, as does the customer, the results are excellent!

Thanks for looking!