autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Crownline Wash n Wax

Did an end of Summer cleanup and wax for a family friend a few weeks ago. Holy moly did it need it. The boat sits in a slip in Wisconsin all Summer long and it sure showed. The lake that it sits in has a lot of algae blooms in it throughout the summer, so there was some pretty significant lake scum on the hull. On top of that I'm not sure the interior got cleaned all year long......yuck. On to the pics. Here's how she looked upon being dropped off:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crownline Wash n Wax

The outside didn't surprised me too much. I've been going up to this lake with my in laws for the last 10 years, so I know how beat up these boats get sitting in the water all summer. The inside on the other hand was worse than I anticipated. It hadn't been used in a couple of weeks, but some of the carpet and life jackets were still wet and the storage compartment where the jackets were kept was full of mildew. Overall the interior was pretty trashed:

Post Thanks / Like

The process looked like this:

First off, God bless Starbrite Hull Cleaner. This stuff works so well. On our boat that comes out of the water after every use, one light spray with this stuff takes care of any scum lines. This took a couple of treatments, but the condition was pretty severe, especially on rear portion of the boat.

I filled a garden sprayer with the cleaner and proceeded to soak one side of the boat. After letting it sit for a couple minutes I washed it using a large boar's hair brush with Marine 31's gel coat wash with Carnauba.

After washing the outside of the boat I backed it in the garage and pretty much gutted the interior including the carpet.

All Vinyl was cleaned with Marine 31 Vinyl Cleaner and then treated with Marine 31 Vinyl Protectant with Sunblock.

All hard surfaces were cleaned with Optimum Power Clean cut 3:1 with a bazillion microfiber towels

Windows were cleaned with Stoner's glass cleaner.

The carpet was thoroughly vacuumed, but our carpet cleaner is on the fritz, so it didn't get shampooed. But, with the amount of work I put into the rest of the boat and the price I charged them I didn't feel too bad about it.

And finally the outside was waxed with Marine 31's Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant.

Here's what we ended up with:

Here's the front under seat storage that was all moldy and nasty in the last couple of interior pics:

And the rest:

Customers were thrilled with the results and I found out from my in laws that they were braggin it up at a party a week later. Was a ton of work, but it turned out pretty good. For any other boat owners here, I highly recommend Marine 31's products. Every one I've tried has worked great (including their compound and polish, which I've used before on our boat).

Thanks for looking

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of side by side pictures:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!