autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommend using Wolfgang products , (Dp Speedy Surface prep towel and Dp universal spray clay lubricant, used on sons Ford Flex vehicle.

I decided to detail my son's vehicle when they came in this weekend for the Labor Day holidays. I used various Wolfgang products , a medium Dp Speedy Surface prep towel, and Dp universal spray clay lubricant, on my son's Ford Flex vehicle yesterday.

Their vehicle is a used black Ford Flex vehicle and I had noticed the paint was not shiny nor reflective so I decided to ask my son if he wanted his vehicle detailed or not and he gladly said yes!
    Anyways, I washed the vehicle using a Wolfgang's Auto bathe soap and applied the soap to his vehicle with a soft sponge. The Auto bath soap just kept producing more suds whenever I sprayed water in my soap bucket. I dried the car off using a soft microfiber cloth and then I used a Speedy surface prep towel medium grade with DP universal spray clay lubricant on the vehicle. It removed all the containments on the surface of the Flex's paint and after rubbing a Baggie over the paint, you could feel the paint was now smooth as glass after this step was done.

Next, I used my Griots Garage random orbital 6" polisher with Wolfgang's Swirl remover 3.0 and a Lake Country 6.5 " white pad. The random orbital ( I set it on a 5) made applying the swirl remover to the vehicle quickly and efficiently. I wiped off the swirl remover after it had started dryng with a clean microfiber cloth. I then put on a new 6.5 "white Lake Country pad on my griots garage random orbital and applied Wolfgang finishing polish 3.0 to the pad and then polished the paint on the car. After I wiped off the finishing polish from the Flex's paint, next I applied Wolfgang's Fuzion Carnauba Polymer estate wax to the paint. (I was able to pick up this wax on sale and was delighted that I had done so). This hybrid wax has a nice smell to it
    ( almost a bubble gum smell) and I had wiped the wax on the cars finish using a clean yellow sponge that came with this wax. I then used a clean microfiber towel to remove the first application of the wax before I applied another layer of this Fuzion wax to the paint. I used another clean microfiber towel to wipe off the second coat of wax from the Flex's paint. After I completed this task, I used Wolfgang's Deep Gloss spritz sealant on the car's paint by spraying this sealant on top of the wax. Another soft microfiber towel was then used to wipe this sealant off the paint. Awesome is how it made the car look, is all I can say.
    ( p.s . I used Sonax wheel cleaner plus on the rims of the car. It smells bad but works great!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Recommend using Wolfgang products , (Dp Speedy Surface prep towel and Dp universal spray clay lubricant,  used on sons Ford Flex vehicle.-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend using Wolfgang products , (Dp Speedy Surface prep towel and Dp universal spray clay lubricant, used on sons Ford Flex vehicle.

This is a photo of the Ford Flex before I started detailing the vehicle and just after I had washed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Recommend using Wolfgang products , (Dp Speedy Surface prep towel and Dp universal spray clay lubricant,  used on sons Ford Flex vehicle.-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend using Wolfgang products , (Dp Speedy Surface prep towel and Dp universal spray clay lubricant, used on sons Ford Flex vehicle.

Sorry I couldn't get it to attach more than one picture at at time-- here is another picture of the Flex after it had been detailed!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job, thats the way a new (used) car should look!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bry28956 View Post
    Awesome job, thats the way a new (used) car should look!
    Thanks for the compliment..I enjoyed detailing his car and thought it looked a lot better now that I detailed it!

Post Thanks / Like

What he did not help you ?
    Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttyVette View Post
    I decided to detail my son's vehicle when they came in this weekend for the Labor Day holidays. I used various Wolfgang products , a medium Dp Speedy Surface prep towel, and Dp universal spray clay lubricant, on my son's Ford Flex vehicle yesterday.

Their vehicle is a used black Ford Flex vehicle and I had noticed the paint was not shiny nor reflective so I decided to ask my son if he wanted his vehicle detailed or not and he gladly said yes!
    Anyways, I washed the vehicle using a Wolfgang's Auto bathe soap and applied the soap to his vehicle with a soft sponge. The Auto bath soap just kept producing more suds whenever I sprayed water in my soap bucket. I dried the car off using a soft microfiber cloth and then I used a Speedy surface prep towel medium grade with DP universal spray clay lubricant on the vehicle. It removed all the containments on the surface of the Flex's paint and after rubbing a Baggie over the paint, you could feel the paint was now smooth as glass after this step was done.

Next, I used my Griots Garage random orbital 6" polisher with Wolfgang's Swirl remover 3.0 and a Lake Country 6.5 " white pad. The random orbital ( I set it on a 5) made applying the swirl remover to the vehicle quickly and efficiently. I wiped off the swirl remover after it had started dryng with a clean microfiber cloth. I then put on a new 6.5 "white Lake Country pad on my griots garage random orbital and applied Wolfgang finishing polish 3.0 to the pad and then polished the paint on the car. After I wiped off the finishing polish from the Flex's paint, next I applied Wolfgang's Fuzion Carnauba Polymer estate wax to the paint. (I was able to pick up this wax on sale and was delighted that I had done so). This hybrid wax has a nice smell to it
    ( almost a bubble gum smell) and I had wiped the wax on the cars finish using a clean yellow sponge that came with this wax. I then used a clean microfiber towel to remove the first application of the wax before I applied another layer of this Fuzion wax to the paint. I used another clean microfiber towel to wipe off the second coat of wax from the Flex's paint. After I completed this task, I used Wolfgang's Deep Gloss spritz sealant on the car's paint by spraying this sealant on top of the wax. Another soft microfiber towel was then used to wipe this sealant off the paint. Awesome is how it made the car look, is all I can say.
    ( p.s . I used Sonax wheel cleaner plus on the rims of the car. It smells bad but works great!)
    Did you have to tape off the car when applying the swirl remover and finishing glaze?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    Did you have to tape off the car when applying the swirl remover and finishing glaze?
    I didn't tape it off..should I have done so??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyes45 View Post
    What he did not help you ?
    No LOL, he never really cared about detailing his vehicles so I always did it when he lived at home ( of course, he was busy playing sports after school -baseball, soccer, track and then doing his school work) so I never taught him . Guess when I am one day in a nursing home, he'll come by and get me to still detail his vehicles that will be a sight I am sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast