autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Show your girl you love her

In a discussion today about the relative value of Souveran, a comment was made about one car costing more than another. I felt strongly about this and gave it quite a bit of thought. Fact is, a car is not just a car. Like a dog is not just an animal. It’s something special. Something that is a reflection of the personality of the owner. It is not a poster about what we want to say to the world (like that new Audi commercial: “Because I have more money than you . . . because I’m compensating for my inadequacies). A car represents what we think and feel about ourselves. How we respect our cars is a reflection of how we respect ourselves. Like being self-concerned is quite different from being selfish.

There will always be something bigger, better, stronger, faster, prettier. But my girl (car) will always be my girl. And she will always be the most beautiful in world. Sure, she may not be Angelina Jolie, Cindy Crawford, etc. but so what! We have to live in the real world, not Never Never Land. In some old textbook of mine, there was a saying: “Neurotics build castles in the sky, psychotics live in them, and personality disorders throw rocks at the windows.” Keep your feet on the ground and don’t become my next patient!

Yes, I would like a new Shelby Cobra GT500. But not for the $80,000+ I’ve seen them going for. Every car is something special. In a new review of the GT500, it said that despite having a 5.4 L engine, it is no faster than my 2003. And I can say that I have the ultimate Mustang of a generation. Would I like a 2004 Lotus Esprit because that was the last of a generation too? Sure, but it doesn’t make me love my Cobra any less. That my Cobra costs more than a 1995 Thunderbird? So what!! Can you think of an icon more American than Thunderbird?!! Corvette maybe, but they are different cars. Both are awesome representations of true American culture.

The point is, respect your girl and respect yourself. It doesn’t matter what you drive, BECAUSE IT’S YOURS!!! Why not treat it the best you can?!! Keep you feet on the ground!! That anyone is even reading this is a testament to the fact people agree with me. That PBMA exists, along with its lines of Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP, and every other high end car care product, also represents the truism of what I’m saying.

So don’t cut corners on your girl. Show her that you love her and show the world that you care for her. Don’t get caught up in the saving a few pennies because Souveran is too expensive. If you’re buying any of these products, you’re already showing your love. Don’t quit just before the finish line!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying I don't like my car because it is cheaper than a cobra. I am saying that the price of Souveran is 70 bucks. A Cobra cost what 40ish? That is a lot more than mid 20s for a thunderbird when new. Now to the 40k car, 70 dollars isn't as much as it is to a 25k car. I take car of my car, even though it may not be the "coolest car" for a college student, it may not be the fastest car, but for me, it is good enough for now. I agree most people should take care of their car no matter what it is, but it takes a special kind of person to do so. Some people do not care at all about cars. It is something to get them from A to B. Some obsess over cars. I think that is what is great, we can all have our own opinions and interests. 70 bucks is not a lot in the big picture. 70 bucks is a lot for wax, to some people. Hell, they have like thousand dollar waxes from zymol. It all depends on the perosn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm..... O.K. I don't really no what to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by snomon1017
    In a discussion today about the relative value of Souveran, a comment was made about one car costing more than another. I felt strongly about this and gave it quite a bit of thought. Fact is, a car is not just a car. Like a dog is not just an animal. It’s something special. Something that is a reflection of the personality of the owner. It is not a poster about what we want to say to the world (like that new Audi commercial: “Because I have more money than you . . . because I’m compensating for my inadequacies). A car represents what we think and feel about ourselves. How we respect our cars is a reflection of how we respect ourselves. Like being self-concerned is quite different from being selfish.

There will always be something bigger, better, stronger, faster, prettier. But my girl (car) will always be my girl. And she will always be the most beautiful in world. Sure, she may not be Angelina Jolie, Cindy Crawford, etc. but so what! We have to live in the real world, not Never Never Land. In some old textbook of mine, there was a saying: “Neurotics build castles in the sky, psychotics live in them, and personality disorders throw rocks at the windows.” Keep your feet on the ground and don’t become my next patient!

Yes, I would like a new Shelby Cobra GT500. But not for the $80,000+ I’ve seen them going for. Every car is something special. In a new review of the GT500, it said that despite having a 5.4 L engine, it is no faster than my 2003. And I can say that I have the ultimate Mustang of a generation. Would I like a 2004 Lotus Esprit because that was the last of a generation too? Sure, but it doesn’t make me love my Cobra any less. That my Cobra costs more than a 1995 Thunderbird? So what!! Can you think of an icon more American than Thunderbird?!! Corvette maybe, but they are different cars. Both are awesome representations of true American culture.

The point is, respect your girl and respect yourself. It doesn’t matter what you drive, BECAUSE IT’S YOURS!!! Why not treat it the best you can?!! Keep you feet on the ground!! That anyone is even reading this is a testament to the fact people agree with me. That PBMA exists, along with its lines of Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP, and every other high end car care product, also represents the truism of what I’m saying.

So don’t cut corners on your girl. Show her that you love her and show the world that you care for her. Don’t get caught up in the saving a few pennies because Souveran is too expensive. If you’re buying any of these products, you’re already showing your love. Don’t quit just before the finish line!

When it comes to a persons worth, money is a lousy way to keep score.
    - GH

Post Thanks / Like
    Both posters said it very well.......We all have the same love for our rides and circustances differ.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Im closing this as something for us all to ponder, but nothing in the world of detailing specifically. We have a valid post on Souveran currently.

Scott