I try to make it a point to detail my grandmother's car at least once a year, but I'm ashamed to say that hasn't been the case since she purchased a 2014 Buick Verano roughly two years ago. Shame on me, I know, but at least I set her up with the essentials for keeping the paint protected from the harsh Florida sun. She washes it about once a week and uses Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax as a drying aid.

Anyway, onto the detail. I had a lot of new products to test out, plus I've been itching to use the new BOSS G15 polisher from Griot's Garage for an entire detail. On top of that, I have yet to hear a single bad remark about anything 3D makes so I grabbed a bottle of HD SPEED and HD EXPRESS and headed over to grandma's house!

My goal was to keep it simple. Her Buick only showed signs of light wear and tear - wash-induced swirl marks and type 1 water spots on the roof.

Process:

• Wash
  • Iron X
  • Prototype "Nanoskin" style wash mitt
  • One-step polish & wax
  • Interior wipe down

Products used:

Mike Phillips is known for his acronyms and glossary of detailing terms (just go to the back of one of his books), but this is probably my favorite quote of his:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
It's easy to create a dramatic before and after with a car that's neglected than it is to take a car that's in really good shape to a higher level.
With that being said, here's what grandma's car looked like before I detailed it:

Here's what it looked like after I detailed it:

Total time spent = 5 hours. That includes a lunch break and chit chatting with grandma in between panels. I will say this, detailing a car in neighborhood filled with new construction is a constant fight against dust and dirt. That was the main reason for using HD EXPRESS, to clean the dust off the car after taking photos.

Overall I was very pleased with the performance of both HD SPEED and HD EXPRESS. These are two products that I would encourage everyone to try at least once. The G15 didn't disappoint either.

Thanks for looking!