autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to not detail your Nismo GTR

Saw this last weekend at the dsm shootout at Norwalk Ohio, yes it disgusted me and no way I could stop it from happening as they were deep into the focus of detailing this thing.. The wrong destructive way..

On with the pics..

How to not detail your Nismo GTR-imageuploadedbyagonline1439533136-083683-jpg

How to not detail your Nismo GTR-imageuploadedbyagonline1439533161-020339-jpg

How to not detail your Nismo GTR-imageuploadedbyagonline1439533185-464310-jpg

Yes those are bath towels they are wiping the panels with after using a spray wax of some sort..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to not detail your Nismo GTR

I call that job security

Post Thanks / Like

At least it's white... lol

Also, that's not a Nismo! it's an 09-11 model.

Nismo = $150k+
    09-11 = $70k
    Rupes Bigfoot 21
    Rupes Mini
    PC 7424XP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    I call that job security

Post Thanks / Like

Ignorance is bliss.

I used to do the same thing back in the day when I had my first car (age 16)... I liked to keep my car clean, but at the time that simply meant washing it on a weekly basis, and waxing it every month or so. Washing was a one bucket method (yes, wheels, tires, paint... all one bucket), drying with old bath or beach towels, using super shiny silicone dressings, etc. I simply didn't know any better... and guess what, I also don't ever remember seeing swirls... know why? I didn't know what they were! So again, ignorance is bliss I miss those carefree days sometimes.

Retired Professional Detailer

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

This looks a very good car wash detailing actually as long as you compare it with this ( you can find in the tunnel at the end of day: side mirrors, wiper blades, exterior trim... water in the headlights is a norm...if new car enters this car wash must be brought straight for a paint correction & even repainting...my friend went there once only & left with the water inside new Volvo headlight, other guy got a hit on the roof that paint was scalped off on the sides, really horror car wash.
    But as owners mother's boyfriend told me, people are stupid, they come & come even more.

Post Thanks / Like

I love how you stood there and photographed these guys lol

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Politur View Post
    This looks a very good car wash detailing actually as long as you compare it with this ( you can find in the tunnel at the end of day: side mirrors, wiper blades, exterior trim... water in the headlights is a norm...if new car enters this car wash must be brought straight for a paint correction & even repainting...my friend went there once only & left with the water inside new Volvo headlight, other guy got a hit on the roof that paint was scalped off on the sides, really horror car wash.
    But as owners mother's boyfriend told me, people are stupid, they come & come even more.

I died!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark98xlt View Post
    Yes those are bath towels they are wiping the panels with after using a spray wax of some sort..

You guys make it sound like they are washing the car with the sponge side of the window squeegee from the gas station (saw that yesterday, actually).

Seriously, so few people even wash their cars anymore, it's good to see anyone taking care of any car. Stop harassing people who aren't detailing geeks because of their methods and techniques. Most people don't give a crap about microfiber naps, $400 orbital buffers or the "2-bucket method" like those of us on this forum.

Making fun of people for taking care of their cars is really counterproductive to the ethos of this forum. Being prima donnas about washing and waxing cars just turns away enthusiasts and casual detailers.
    Purple Towel Auto Detailing
    PurpleTowelDetailing.com
    @purpletoweldetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by upon3 View Post
    You guys make it sound like they are washing the car with the sponge side of the window squeegee from the gas station (saw that yesterday, actually).

Seriously, so few people even wash their cars anymore, it's good to see anyone taking care of any car. Stop harassing people who aren't detailing geeks because of their methods and techniques. Most people don't give a crap about microfiber naps, $400 orbital buffers or the "2-bucket method" like those of us on this forum.

Making fun of people for taking care of their cars is really counterproductive to the ethos of this forum. Being prima donnas about washing and waxing cars just turns away enthusiasts and casual detailers.
    I agree. The only time I give people #### is when they say they're professional detailers but clearly hacks. I know a guy who owns a 458 and knows what I do and how good I am, but doesn't care. He specifically said, "I've got a Ferrari. I want to spend my time driving it, not cleaning it. As long as I can keep it clean, I don't really care if there are swirls and scratches."

No issues with that.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast