autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My New DD 2016 Audi S4!!!

My new DD!

2016 S4 Prestige, 6 speed, Sports differential, Alcantara sport buckets, Black Optics, etc, etc...

After the car went through PDI!

Car had Xpel Ultimate applied earlier this week to the full front bumper, full hood, full front fenders, mirror caps, door gaurds, door pulls/recess, and wear area on top of the rear bumper where luggage/etc. can leave marks.

Door guards...

Door pulls/recess

Stuff sitting around looking for a place in/on the vehicle:

Wheels:
    AG M590 19 X 9.5" ET40, in Bespoke Level III Brushed-Grigio finish (with handbrushed clear)

More suspension stuff:
    -034 Motorsports transmission mount insert (and new TTY bolts)
    -034 Motorsports rear differential mount
    -034 Motorsports rear differential carrier mount

Full Eurocode Überlegenes Stabilisatoren System including:
    - Front and rear Eurocode swaybars and bushings (32mm front and 25.5mm rear)
    - Front and rear billet-aluminum swaybar "droplinks" with spherical bushings
    - Alukruez 1 piece aluminum cross-member
    - All new hardware for cross-member, droplinks, and swaybar connection points (to replace all factory "one-time use" TTY bolts)

ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System (thank god I ordered early and got one of the firsts as they are now backordered)
    DEI Reflect-A-Gold film for intake heatshield
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers
    AWE Track Exhaust (90mm tips)
    ECS "Full" Interior LED kit
    E-code Adaptive Headlights
    U.S. Millworks front plate frame
    Yellow Lamin-X for the foglight glass
    Ziza Pure Yellow H11 foglight bulbs
    Menzerna Super Finish SF-4000 to clean up any imperfections once I get it home from the dealership
    500 ml. CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser (for pre-cleaning)
    60 ml. Carpro Cquartz Kit (plus install sponge, etc)
    500 ml. CarPro Reload Spray Sealant to level off between Cquartz applications (I will do two coats) and also to maintain
    AWE Vent-mounted boost gage and 3.0T boost tap.

And...

Wheels on the left are mine...

I take delivery one week from today when I return from Germany. Good times ahead!

-DL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My New DD 2016 Audi S4!!!

A response from me on another forum (PKG)

Xpel Ultimate is a self-healing paint protection film (PPF). It keeps surface scratches at bay, defends against and lessens the impact of rock chips, makes the ladies feel weak in the knees, etc. Unfortunately, Xpel Ultimate is not a miracle cure for all types of threats declaring violence on sexy paint. The film can still be etched by environmental droppings (sap, bird ####, etc), and is not on a competitive level with ceramic coatings or conventional waxes on its' hydrophobic abilities (the ability to repel water, dust, or anything else attached to a water-molecule carried via the air, splashed via direct contact,etc.).

The rest of the plan (you all knew there would be one):

Fun-fact #1: The paint should be pretty close to flawless (negating any pre-delivery/transit protection equipment application/removal, washes, etc...). However, the film actually masks any small imperfections. Regardless, the application areas were touched up by Willis prior to the Xpel application.

-My Makita 9227 should not be necessary as this process will take place on a car with <500 miles on the clock. There shouldn't' be any type of damage severe enough to merit a rotary correction. In fact, I'll be pretty pissed if the previous statement is not accurate.

-I still have my trusty old standard PC 7424 laying around and collecting dust, somewhere... Lord knows that machine has seen some miles. However, during it's last years/stints of service, it had developed some wiring issues that demanded a few rebuilds/rewiring of the unit on multiple occasions. I purchased a new 7424XP and a new 5" hook/loop backer. I'll feel out the counterweight on the new machine, and if necessary, flip the counterweight over from the old machine to the new unit.

-I picked up a few new Lake Country 5.5" CCS pads from the folks at Autogeek (light cut). I had used 6-6.5" pads on the old 7424 in the past. Latest idea from me is to make the move to a smaller diameter pad when using a DA... I want more control... Speaking of strategy, I would use 60" pads on the rotary to cover more ground and cut cycle times if they were available, and if motor-heat never became an issue (which it does around a 9" pad, >80 ambient, moderate pressure).

-Entire car will get cleaned with some good stuff (Wolfgang products), two buckets, grit guards, MF everything, etc, etc...

-Clay isn't necessary... I'll destroy whatever type of rail dust or fallout is laying on the finish after ~300 miles with the Eraser.

-Non-Xpel applied areas will get wiped with CarPro Eraser prior to light polish. This step is being used in place of clay to remove any rail dust, environmental fallout, etc...

-I had owned the full Menzerna line circa de 2013 before I moved to Germany (being a hobbiest/spare-timer bespoke detailer has perks). However, there is a newer Meznerna product that I felt I needed to demo (SF-4000). I'll hit the non-Xpel areas with a grey CCS equipped 7424XP, and SF-4000 to "level up."

-Full car (including the Xpel application area) will then get re-wiped with the CarPro Eraser (yes, Cobra MFs will be used).

-Full car (including the Xpel area) will then get two layers of CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Paint Protection. CarPro Reload will be used to level-up between applications.

-Kicking around laying a topper coat (or 2) of Souveran over the Cquartz... Havent decided yet... We'll see how well the golf game is working, how cherry the Cquartz finishes up to my eye, and how jet-lagged I am.

Should be fun. Labor of love!!!

-DL

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome! Congrats!!!

Perhaps do an off topic thread with aftermarket part installs...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome ride. Congrats and best wishes with it.
    Ron !!!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on such a beautiful machine!!! That's a nice DD to have.

I can't wait to see it in the new AG M590. Those wheels look beautiful.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful machine Congrats!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mods, could you please move this thread to "off-topic?"

Also,

AG M590 mit Bespoke Level III custom-finish (hand-laid "Brushed Grigio finish) arrived at Lichtys'

Look sharp! Can't wait to get them on the car!

-DL

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Loooks great!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the S, and thank GOD you got rid of those stock wheels. How can anyone think those look appealing? UGH. I've had that AWE setup on my previous B7. I think you'll really like it. I also had the HR's, and was really impressed when coupled with bilsteins. Beautiful machine!

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast