autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My New DD 2016 Audi S4!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IAtegeler View Post
    Great looking car. Where in Iowa are you from?
    Cedar Rapids area.

-DL

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. I DD a 2015 S4 (6 speed) in Ibis White. Can't say enough good things about the car.

With all of these mods....where's the Pulley and Tune?!?!?

Give Tony at EPL a call stat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rez90 View Post
    Awesome. I DD a 2015 S4 (6 speed) in Ibis White. Can't say enough good things about the car.

With all of these mods....where's the Pulley and Tune?!?!?

Give Tony at EPL a call stat!
    Car just ticked over 6,000 miles. I'd like to get at least 10-15k on the car before it gets chipped to avoid TD1 flag. I don't want to deal with the TD1 flag if there happens to have somehow been a quality defect from the factory.

-Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Spring updates are just around the corner

Big thanks to MOPS @ SupremePowerParts for being a fantastic supplier.

Deval Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, ordered!

Thanks to ECS for hooking me up with their Carbon Fiber mirror caps, also ordered!

Also ordered a Piano Black cluster surround out of an RS4/RS5 to replace the ugly silver plastic one that is the only piece available on US Spec S4s. Not cheap for such a small change, but the silver was driving me nuts....

It replaces this piece. Which, as I said, drives me nuts

Also a big thanks to USP. Ordered up their gloss black RS4 grille.

Car is going into the body-shop in the next 2 weeks to have the bumper covers refinished. They will also be reapplying the Xpel film on the front bumper cover and hood that were never applied to my level of satisfaction.

First week of April, I'll clean up and install summer wheels and tires and then I think I'm done for awhile.... Again (yeah right).

Stay tuned!

-Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lensch09 View Post

Car is going into the body-shop in the next 2 weeks to have the bumper covers refinished. They will also be reapplying the Xpel film on the front bumper cover and hood that were never applied to my level of satisfaction.

Have them spray the crash-bar behind the grill with black bed liner spray while they have the bumper off. The one shown above has been sprayed already. It's aluminum from the factory and shines through so you'll definitely want to get it done.

Here's mine:

Now you just have to add the power mods to the mix. Completely different car.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Here's mine:

I like the red highlights. Nicely done.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read this whole thread, car looks great. If I could part with my Terminator it would be for an S4. Had the pleasure of detailing an S5 a few months back and got to drive it.
    2003 Mustang Cobra coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car! My DD is a 2013 Ibis White S4 w/DSG.

I'm currently running the EPL Stage 1, EPL DSG tune and the ECS Intake. I have ordered the EPL Stage 2, just waiting to get it installed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lensch09 View Post
    Spring updates are just around the corner

Big thanks to MOPS @ SupremePowerParts for being a fantastic supplier.

Deval Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, ordered!

Thanks to ECS for hooking me up with their Carbon Fiber mirror caps, also ordered!

Also ordered a Piano Black cluster surround out of an RS4/RS5 to replace the ugly silver plastic one that is the only piece available on US Spec S4s. Not cheap for such a small change, but the silver was driving me nuts....

It replaces this piece. Which, as I said, drives me nuts

First week of April, I'll clean up and install summer wheels and tires and then I think I'm done for awhile.... Again (yeah right).

Stay tuned!

-Dan
    I would never even think about replacing factory trim. Until I saw your photos. Much improved. Cool Audis. I would love to drive any Audi with 350-500 hp and Quattro.

I have always liked the styling, never over done or gaudy. Looking back to the 80's when so many cars looked plain ugly, Audi had nice looking designs.

Post Thanks / Like

Update. Time to start getting the car ready for spring. Overall, not a really bad or intensive weather-winter (which is good). However, the car is still dirty.

I'm getting the itch to slap the summer wheels on. However, what I've learned in the past few years is that it's best to wait until after Easter weekend.

Car goes into the bodyshop next week to have the front and rear bumpers re-finished (I got tapped over the winter), the front Xpel application will be re-done, and they will also be adding a layer of Xpel to the top of the rear bumper (to prevent damage/scuffs from groceries, luggage, golf bags, etc.)

Now that it's warming up (about 40F daily), I've had a chance to actually get the car looking somewhat presentable (so there will be lots of pictures in this thread). However, once it gets up into the 60s, I'll do a complete detail on the car inside and out.

Spring updates... Part I:

USP RS4 style grille

Piano Black Cluster/MMI surround

A close up (it's pretty)

ECS Carbon Fiber mirror covers (a close up)

All of the goodies together

What we are starting with: just rolled through a pay and ride, winter mats still in (and dirty), dirty/trashed carpets (by my standards), and definitely needs some love in a few weeks (which it will definitely get due to mystery box and a few other things).

Still running stock Ti grille, stock Ti wheels (on snows), tons of suspension, Ecodes, etc. etc.

Continued in next post...

-

DL

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast