autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

† 1975 Dodge Dart 4-Door SE Seadn 2-Tone Interior/Exterior Original Single Stage Metallic paint restorer etc. by Sharkpolitur Ψ

My friend Motti is the founder of Bruno Art Group that explains why he bought this Dodge Dart in the first place.The previous owner brought this car new to Israel in 1976 & from what I understood it was parked in the shadow for 20Y under some trees at a villa in Caesarea, what happened to the previous owner I didn't ask because in 40Y many things can happen...
    I have restored few classic cars but never seen something like this before, after 2 hours of clay bar & hand wash plus 300 liters of water that went with it, when I started to polish it, the white foam pad became black after each panel so I washed it & moved to next panel with a clean foam pad.
    After applying nano polish & wax, sealant (different pad) & spray wax for finish paint showed life, became clean & to my surprise was very smooth ex. plastic bottles with car care products started to slide in some places on the hood & trunk, I didn't expect this.
    Also I polished & cleaned windows outside & inside, vinyl seats, plastic interior trim, wheel center caps, tyres... all in all I did what I could in 6 hours of non stop work. Take a look...aha one other thing, I understand that pads becoming black is a normal thing considering this is a single stage metallic paint where metal flakes became heavily oxidized, corroded, rusted & even dead so this black is the same remains as from when I polish chrome for example, even new chrome when polished with metal polish leave such black on a microfiber, same here. I am happy with the results same as my friend (the next day he covered his Dodge with car cover ) also ss metallic paint is not expected to shine as new metallic paints because these are not only 2 different paint systems, the main reason such old paints don't shine as new because old are missing clear coat on top.
    He bought this car for 10,000$...with only 41,000 original kilometers
    Well, don't underestimate my friend Motti, his other car is new BMW 528 Business.

Sharkpolitur Productions presents 1975 Dodge Dart plus some other nice things that happen on my way the next day when I go to visit him in the gallery!

Vintage & New Car Care Distillery

Napkins to the left are not mine, all my microfibers, chamois & pads even during work sit in a closed & dust free bags.

Before

After

1975 Dodge Dart and Swinger cars in detail

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: † 1975 Dodge Dart 4-Door SE Seadn 2-Tone Interior/Exterior Original Single Stage Metallic paint restorer etc. by Sharkpolitur Ψ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: † 1975 Dodge Dart 4-Door SE Seadn 2-Tone Interior/Exterior Original Single Stage Metallic paint restorer etc. by Sharkpolitur Ψ

Great restoration on the paint Shark! Very nice job! I like the artwork at your friends studio. Very cool!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Great restoration on the paint Shark! Very nice job! I like the artwork at your friends studio. Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the Dodge mate !
    05 M/T SER Altima . NismoOBXDynomax exh .RL FSTB&BTD, H&R Springs & Triple C Bolt, RLRShifterBushing, EBC Ft/Rr Pads/Rotors, Synto/Wix Filter, RP MaxATF PS, Motul BF/C, Pennzoil Gear Oil ,Wix cab filter, Interstate, Michelin Pilot A/S+

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    Great job on the Dodge mate !
    Thanks, the paint was so horny for Swiss Made Quick Shine Detailer finish (one of the ingredients is Silicone emulsion Polydimetysiloxane) like a 40Y old women that didn't see men for 20Y

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Politur View Post
    Thanks, the paint was so horny for Swiss Made Quick Shine Detailer finish (one of the ingredients is Silicone emulsion Polydimetysiloxane) like a 40Y old women that didn't see men for 20Y

Never thought I'd hear paint described like that ever in my entire life.....
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Never thought I'd hear paint described like that ever in my entire life.....

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Great work! That old Dodge cleaned up well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast