autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback on new video

Thank you all for all the comments so far. I am working on a new shirt and logo. When i shot the video is when we decided to change things up. I put comfort at the very top of my things needed when working on a vehicle even if it is for a short period of time. These are by far some of the most comfortable shoes i have ever used, so being on my feet for most of the time i want to be comfortable. I will see if i can find some that are a little less loud. I like the 50/50 shot also, but trying to stay within a certain budget you have to give up on certain things. I do have a ton of pictures that were taken as well that i did not put up here. Since this was our 1st video i will work on all those other suggestions for the next ones

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of shoes are those? I need to pick up a good pair

Post Thanks / Like

They are the Adidas response boost

Post Thanks / Like

Great video! I love what you did with the mustang. Shame that a 2015 was in that condition before you worked on it.

With that said, if this is to be a marketing piece to attract clients, my only comment would be to add some voice-over and explain (at a very high level - mainly for marketing/sales) what you're doing and why it will benefit them. For potential customers, they just see you working on the car and probably don't know what your doing or why it's special.

Aside from that.. you had me with the fact it was a Mustang. :-) Great work!!! Awesome job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    Nice job on the Mustang. I have a few nitpicks about the video, however:

At the beginning, the word experimenting is spelled incorrectly. There should be an apostrophe in the word car's to indicate a possessive state. The ellipsis should be three periods (...), not two.

Your shirt has what I presume is your old business name; it does not match the name given in the title of the video. Also, your hat and shoes are a little distracting. I understand the want and need to be comfortable, but for the sake of the video production I would expect more professional looking attire.

When you are pulling the Mustang out of the garage, there is still tape along the bottom. In my opinion it would be better to take it out of the garage in a completely finished looking state, including the tires, even if dressed tires weren't part of the job.

Too much time is spent at the beginning showing the uncorrected paint. Then at the end of the video, only one side and the nose is shown, both at a very low angle. More time and variety should have been devoted to beauty shots; that's what people want to see.
    I definitely agree with you regarding him wearing attire that doesn't match the name of his current company. I also agree about the tape on the bottom skirting, as that could have been removed for final shots. Providing more corrected paint in the video would have also been welcomed.

All he said was that he was making a short detailing video. He stopped short of saying it was professional, although I assume that's what he was going for.

The only thing I believe has no bearing on anything is his hat and shoes. If I am going to have someone detail my vehicle, the first thing I am looking at is his body of work, not his attire. Maybe if he was wearing a belt buckle, it might worry me but his shoes and hat??? I was not distracted at all by his attire. Matter of fact my eyes were only focused on what he was doing to the vehicle.

Have you ever been to a tattoo parlor? If not, then 9 out of 10 times if anyone judged a artist by what they looked like, rather than look at their body of work, no one would ever get a tattoo. I'm sure they all go to work dressed in what makes them comfortable, not what the customer thinks he should be wearing. I been to 6 different artists and they all were tatted up and dressed in some of the craziest outfits but none of that mattered because the first thing I looked at was their work. Even though they looked like they just got out of prison, they were all the coolest people I had the opportunity to do business with.

refreshauto, wear what makes you comfy, throw on a LeatherNeck detailing shirt and you're good to go.
    I belong to a secret order. We all have OCD, so you’d better believe we have order.

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice video!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    Great video! I love what you did with the mustang. Shame that a 2015 was in that condition before you worked on it.

With that said, if this is to be a marketing piece to attract clients, my only comment would be to add some voice-over and explain (at a very high level - mainly for marketing/sales) what you're doing and why it will benefit them. For potential customers, they just see you working on the car and probably don't know what your doing or why it's special.

Aside from that.. you had me with the fact it was a Mustang. :-) Great work!!! Awesome job!
    Thanks, this was the 1st video, and i plan to do some voice over or explanation on the next one. This one was just testing the waters to see what people think and get some reactions, although it has brought me a lot of business ever since. I made my money back and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by kecko View Post
    I definitely agree with you regarding him wearing attire that doesn't match the name of his current company. I also agree about the tape on the bottom skirting, as that could have been removed for final shots. Providing more corrected paint in the video would have also been welcomed.

All he said was that he was making a short detailing video. He stopped short of saying it was professional, although I assume that's what he was going for.

The only thing I believe has no bearing on anything is his hat and shoes. If I am going to have someone detail my vehicle, the first thing I am looking at is his body of work, not his attire. Maybe if he was wearing a belt buckle, it might worry me but his shoes and hat??? I was not distracted at all by his attire. Matter of fact my eyes were only focused on what he was doing to the vehicle.

Have you ever been to a tattoo parlor? If not, then 9 out of 10 times if anyone judged a artist by what they looked like, rather than look at their body of work, no one would ever get a tattoo. I'm sure they all go to work dressed in what makes them comfortable, not what the customer thinks he should be wearing. I been to 6 different artists and they all were tatted up and dressed in some of the craziest outfits but none of that mattered because the first thing I looked at was their work. Even though they looked like they just got out of prison, they were all the coolest people I had the opportunity to do business with.

refreshauto, wear what makes you comfy, throw on a LeatherNeck detailing shirt and you're good to go.

Thanks, i like to be comfortable when im working, it just so happens that these shoes (and i have tried many) are super comfortable. I understand about the 2 different logos. I had just received my new logo the day before so i didn't have a chance to go and get new shirts made up.

Quote Originally Posted by MirandaAutoSpa View Post
    Really nice video!
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I could not disagree with you more. A professional appearance is really important, especially in a promotional video.

I did not notice the shoes but was really bothered by the hat.

Using a tattoo parlor as a comparison to detailing is ridiculous. One deals with kids and people who are generally poor and the other with rich people and high end cars... come on, if you are going to compare choose something relevant! I can tell you that if I own a Ferrari and I see a detailer in torn jeans and ugly clothes I will think twice about going to him for my car. You don't seem to understand the clientele we deal with to say the things you did.

Overall the video is good. The issues that were mentioned should be addressed in future videos but this is a great first promo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Using a tattoo parlor as a comparison to detailing is ridiculous. One deals with kids and people who are generally poor and the other with rich people and high end cars... come on, if you are going to compare choose something relevant! I can tell you that if I own a Ferrari and I see a detailer in torn jeans and ugly clothes I will think twice about going to him for my car. You don't seem to understand the clientele we deal with to say the things you did.
    Wow. Just wow! What is your definition of "poor" please, just because I'm intriqued at this point. I know of Doctors, Attorneys and other Professionals who have tattoos. Your out of touch 1950's mindset is exactly the reason I brought up the tattoo parlor. It's because people judge based soley on appearance rather than body of work and character. The man is working on a car in his garage, not signing bills into law. Would a suit be more appropriate for your snooty ass?

Get a life a$$hole.
    I belong to a secret order. We all have OCD, so you’d better believe we have order.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew this would come up.

As I said, I completely understand the need to be comfortable while detailing; I know it is tough work. What I am suggesting is that ONLY for the video, he wear different clothes. Heck, I don't care if in reality he likes to polish car naked.

I don't think the tattoo parlor analogy is a good one. You kind of expect people working there to look a certain way. But since you brought it up, I saw this on YouTube: Am I really going to hear classical music when I visit that shop? I doubt it, but it sure made that video more appealing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast