autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headlight Restoration Kit DIY how to Restore Yellowed, Dull, Cloudy, Oxidized Polycarbonate, Plexiglass, PVC in 60 seconds by hand (no machine 100

Quote Originally Posted by Rob4092xx View Post
    I still don't understand the process being discussed here. Can someone please explain? Thanks!
    Some cars got this problem & this headlights can't be restored, when they lose hermetization & water with dust enters inside so the damage is also from the inside, this must be explained to customers. It happens very rare & mostly only common for countries with high heat & humidity, also cheap Made in China replacement headlights are not hermetic 100%, few cheap car manufacturers also make low quality headlights, I see it mostly in older Mazda very common, but also all Mercedes CLS (not sure about 2014-2015 models) got this problem, when headlights are not 100% hermetic, heat of the bulb burns the plastic from the inside & there is water & dust, so it evaporates from the heat & headlights become not clear inside & outside. Like here, I explained but the guy told me Just do It, so I did what I could plus extras for him suffering such headlight failure & he paid me double in the end, was very happy.
    Also when you change bulbs, make sure to have clean hands & use gum gloves that are 100% clean without powder or use clean leather gloves & close the back cap of the headlight very strong so humidity can't enter.

2 Peugeot cars (husband & wife) done at night but 100% recovered, low quality image.

Suzuki Vitara & Ford Focus headlights are very low quality from the beginning, such models above. Also all Peugeot headlights are a joke.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headlight Restoration Kit DIY how to Restore Yellowed, Dull, Cloudy, Oxidized Polycarbonate, Plexiglass, PVC in 60 seconds by hand (no machine 100

Some elder guy wanted speedometer restored, tip was 300% so I treated him VIP.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

My oil/gas additives guy came for some injector cleaner & see I restore headlights. Do I need it too?
    No.
    I polished his chrome plated grill instead

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, this is just polishing and wax/sealant...definately not a long term repair. You can brighten up lamps that are just beginning to whiten/yellow but thats it, will come back soon because the UV protection is breaking down. The CORRECT way is removing the factory applied clear, aplpying NEW quality clear and curing it with a UV light, but this would work for someone who just has to pass an inspection or something, or for some car lot looking to sell a car and doesn't care when/if the customer comes back bitching within 6 months!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99monguse View Post
    IMO, this is just polishing and wax/sealant...definately not a long term repair. You can brighten up lamps that are just beginning to whiten/yellow but thats it, will come back soon because the UV protection is breaking down. The CORRECT way is removing the factory applied clear, aplpying NEW quality clear and curing it with a UV light, but this would work for someone who just has to pass an inspection or something, or for some car lot looking to sell a car and doesn't care when/if the customer comes back bitching within 6 months!
    You are 100% right, the best nano polymer/carnauba paint sealants offer between 6-12 months of paint shine & protection, that's why 34-55$ per headlights restoration & no problem, people are happy, for the same work in authorized car garages (motorcycles don't do it, they simply sell new bike headlights, windshields etc.) people pay them 100-150$ & garages use only cheapest out of date products while I use the best.
    When I started doing it I used headlight restoration kits, it's all BS & expensive, my cost is 1 cent per headlight, 1 minute work plus 12 months warranty if in case they don't pass the technical inspection next work is free no questions asked or your money back, in 2Y nobody called me back complaining (every customer gets air freshener(S) to feel good when leaving after 1 minute, my business card so they know where to find me I am not hiding), on the opposite people (I don't even know their names) forward their friends.
    In the summer about 90 cars/bikes per month, in the winter when darkness comes earlier up to 140 so I have seen a lot of headlights, even coated, believe me coated & cured hold about the same but they look ugly, grey, matte...nothing will make headlights quality as new from the manufacturer, all plastic breaks through inside/out because when headlights are not clear, bulb heat grows & this burns the plastic from the inside because exit light from the reflector doesn't go through clear, headlights are no more 100% hermetic, that's it.
    I don't go so deep into peoples lives BS them with wet sanding, 2K clear coating, curing in the sun & they don't even ask or want it (I charge 400$ for such work) White Pearl Lexus LS 460 Nano Polish&Wax + Headlights Restoration by Sharkpolitur , Israelis are easy go society, they pass the test & 2Y prove my system works very good for them so is for me. This is what counts here.

Post Thanks / Like

I know he said he didn't want to specify brands, but would anyone else venture a suggestion for the two products mentioned?

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I love Shark's energy and passion!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larry33 View Post
    By the way, I love Shark's energy and passion!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larry33 View Post
    I know he said he didn't want to specify brands, but would anyone else venture a suggestion for the two products mentioned?
    Yesterday I 2K clear coated headlight restoration mini refill bottles, this way they hold nice longer as otherwise paper label is gone faster when I touch it with gloves with polish remains, once finished I refill it back, this is how cycle works , few drops from each & that's it, reday & go in 1 minute.

In the first mini bottle there is a mixture of different high abrasive index polishing agents which I don't use anymore on car's finish ex. (Sonax Nano Pro Professional line) quality is below what I usually use, so I mix them all in a big bottle, shake & then refill.
    You can mix together example any polishing compound (buy a gallon it's much cheaper, with anything you got at hand like scratch, swirl remover, metal polish).
    In the next mini is a mix of different waxes I got at hand & in the third is a sealant mix.
    I just shake them all & refill, that's it, there is no secret.
    First I use polishing compound with high pressure by hand with (not soft but rather harder by touch microfiber), then I use wax, then sealant.
    Even 1 bottle with polish will do the job, but people love how I use these small minis that got a different colors & looks (aha, I also add coloured car polish or wax into each of them so each got a different colour, people just love it when they see I first polish with something ex. red in colour, then yellow, then blue etc. like a rainbow, they ask questions & usually say they never seen something like this before, such a system! I say it's hand made & exclusive & that I mix it all alone to my formula, which is true )

All you need can be found here: Your Car Wax SuperStore - We Are Car Care, Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store

Look for words polishing compound, scratch, swirl remover, metal polish 1st step & wax, sealant for the 2nd.

This is how my system works, polish 1, wax 2, s(t)eal 3.
    Enjoy & don't forget to rest.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an example how polishing compound/metal polish/scratch remover/swirl remover/wax/sealant/colour enriched polish/wax rainbow mix works.
    First I applied polishing compound & already after 5 seconds yellowed/cloudy/oxidized Honda headlights became as new (the guy said I swear 2 times it was restored 1 & 2Y ago he says without success, he said somebody used alcohol to restore it & 2nd time WD-40!!!) , then I applied sealant, then wax. That's it.
    Each time when I refill small bottles (after big bottles are empty & I refill it too) all my headlight restoration liquids got a different colour & looks, like a rainbow. That's it.

1 to polish, 1 to wipe.

Polish in 5 seconds

New & I apply sealant

Then wax

Finish

Another micro detailing strategy I offer in the winter to the people that I don't know them is windshield rain repellent coating, charge the same as for headlights restoration, front window 34$ all 55$, the only difference is that it takes not 1 minute but 5 minutes.
    I buy such Waterslide Rain Repellent Coating (note that on the bottle there is grammar mistake, they write Repellant not Repellent & instead Visibility=Visability, I think this is some Chicago slang as the products are Made in USA).
    1 bottle cost me 5$ & will do minimum 10 max. 30 car windows (depends how greedy you are, for me about 10 front windows as product just goes & goes even 1 drop makes a lot of application, I apply 2 coats), so expenses are really none.
    I know this is very confusing such coatings but I have tried 4 different brands from Germany, Belgium, UK, USA all are the same, all hold for months neither wipers or car washes don't damage the slide of the rain drops. All work so brand doesn't matter, I speak for myself only.
    This is some internet pics from some brands regarding anti rain coating, my works just the same, look for yourself.

Above pics I took from the internet from top brand names, you all know some & use some, as you see water drops don't connect under the same angle as not coated glass, also when big amount of water in such tests runs from the top down, you see how coated glass breaks the water flow into small rivers while not coated is just one big water spot. Well, basically that's it. Below are real life pics.
    If you look for extra income, my headlight restoration 1 minute system & rain repellent coating can be offered as stand alone service to all the strangers out there. Good luck.

Clean glass very good first, apply the glass coating with very soft applicator (something that doesn't suck the liquid but spreads it), wait 1 minute & as it evaporates wipe it away (you can also wait 1 minute & apply 2nd coat, then wipe away).
    I offer all winter warranty (winter in Israel is few months of rains here & there), in 2Y nobody called back said it doesn't work or asked to reapply it. It works.

My new friend, last year I restored his Cadillac headlights he said it holds very, very good so I just said him I offer now anti rain coating he said just do it, I asked do you know what that is?
    No.
    So why you want it...
    I trust in whatever you say, do what should be done (if our friendship will continue this way, one day I will accept him into my super club)

Another car

Just I finished, rain started so I went away, zoomed & took this picture.

P.S. Don't ask me about brands preference as here (headlights & anti rain) I don't have any, everything what is at hand works it's magic.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast