autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

◅ Mercedes S500 AMG 12 hrs of full body paint restoration by Sharkpolitur + detailing + Labrador Retriever that eats microfibers + fun pics & story ▻

Few days ago in my neighborhood one guy was spotted with Mercedes SL 450 looking for me, after passing face control ( which means he is no cop) he was forwarded to me, at this time I was visiting my friends stinky car care shop box, so we sit & talk fun when this guy parks his yellow submarine, comes to us all sweating & asks my Chico friend:
    Hi, maybe you know the guy who details autos near Old Port TLV?
    My friend looks at him carefully & after passing second screening he points to me (bustard) here he is.
    I don't yet know what he wants so I am ready for everything.
    Hi, I say.
    He is little bit disrupted I think he was not expecting finding me, Hi I want to talk to you.
    We go out.
    So.
    1Y ago you gave me your business card but I lost it, was looking for you few times before but without success. My name is this & that, I want you to detail my friends 2010 Mercedes...he also says that he detailed his & others cars in 2 very busy detailing places in Tel Aviv, but it was disappointing in 1 spot they do it very cheap & very bad, in the other very expensive but nothing special either.
    OK, so here is my card (his hands shake when he receives it ) forward him my phone I'll be happy to help if I can. What is paint condition?
    Average. (It means not good, because in Israel paint is either very good or very bad)
    So he leaves & his friend calls evening, we settle for Friday.

Sharkpolitur arrives to detail, the paint was very neglected as I expected, to the touch like a middle fine sanding paper, 0 water beading after Swiss clay bar that took 3 hours & wash & wax. Wheels & tires were in very good condition btw so here was easy. The dog was so nice from the beginning, he licked me & helped with the work by eating some microfibers, pads, brushes even machine polisher electrical contact, he took in his mouth stones & chew it like a bone, then he played football with it. I was totally shocked, also he is very strong body, he was pushing on me almost like beating this is called by him fair play i suppose. It was 12 hours of fun & joy & very hard work of course.

Preparing the clay bar lubrication with a propeller spray bottle

Wheels before

The Boss

Working process preparing car care

Paint condition

Clay bar finished plus wash & wax paint prepared for restoration, no water beading, much work ahead

Process, swirls, holograms, scratches

In the first level I mixed different polish & wax products with different polishing abilities, about 5 or 6 different tubes & bottles. Started from the bottom left side on the hood. Basically this was a condition of all the car, only lower part of doors were not so burned by sun & car washes.

Some break for lunch ( the guys wife was very kind too & very sexy, interesting thing happened when I arrived, my new customer later turned a friend & a new member of Mark's Best Nano Polish & Wax Club, upon arrival he payed me upfront all the money & said: If my wife asks how much you charge for your work I told her a 1/5 or 20% of the price, just in case.
    I was surprised he pays upfront (many of my friends I detail their cars & bikes do it as well but they know me & Shmuel met me first time without even seeing end result) after few minutes later he took his bike & left, came back only after 5PM & I started 8AM.

All the next pics will be final results, I used a soft black pad with 3 different products like polymer sealant, nano polish & carnauba wax, gloss preserver. Also I did interior, leather, gum door fittings.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ◅ Mercedes S500 AMG 12 hrs of full body paint restoration by Sharkpolitur + detailing + Labrador Retriever that eats microfibers + fun pics & stor

........._____________...
    ...../ `---Sharkpolitur___----___|... D D D presents Mercedes S 500 AMG
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;____...
    .....), ---.(_(__) )
    ....//___// _ ----
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

Have a Nice Day! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w81g199L8YA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ◅ Mercedes S500 AMG 12 hrs of full body paint restoration by Sharkpolitur + detailing + Labrador Retriever that eats microfibers + fun pics & stor

Nice work! The finish was very swirled! Owner looks very happy with the results!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job and funny write up! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Entertaining and impressive
    The black Mercedes turn out great.
    Thank you for sharing ^^

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Nice work! The finish was very swirled! Owner looks very happy with the results!
    He was very happy from the beginning, when I only started to work by polishing the glass he said before leaving:
    Marc, I have never met people like you before & in the end before I left when he was swimming in the pool with wife & children ( strange that dog was not with them ) , I said:
    Shmuel, I am leaving, before I pack my stuff look I polished the long scratch on the front right door, if it's OK?
    He smiles & says from the pool: Everything is all right Marc, I fell in love with you I come soon we will have a drink before you leave.
    This is kind of people I work with, also he said in the end that he thought about buying new S class ( in Israel this car is about 250,000 Euros, he has tuning exhausts but doesn't remember the tuners name) but how it came out after detailing there is no need he says.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcar crazy View Post
    Good job and funny write up! Thanks for sharing.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Entertaining and impressive
    The black Mercedes turn out great.
    Thank you for sharing ^^
    Welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Best threads on this forum are from the Shark cause they are all sorts of random!

So very entertaining and always a bird pic thrown in for fun lol

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    Best threads on this forum are from the Shark cause they are all sorts of random!

So very entertaining and always a bird pic thrown in for fun lol
    “Heaven is not a place, and it is not a time. Heaven is being perfect. -And that isn't flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn't have limits. Perfect speed, my friend, is being there.”

Richard Bach