autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1993 Acura Integra meets OCDetails :)

What a beast. I actually saw this car last year about this time. It was serving as some sort of wood bench for a construction project. All I could tell was that it was very oxidized and needed some love. The son who owns it has been out of the country for the last couple years, but he returns in a few weeks, so I guess they decided to spruce it up for him. Enter OCDetails. Their neighbor across the street has been a terrific source of referals for me and a really good friend. So when the topic came up, I was refered to the good Doctor and his wife.

I used Four Star 4-40 One Step and topped it with Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection. The work was done with the Edge 2000 orange pad on the UDM. I really don't think the extra power of the UDM helped at all though. I switched to the PC halfway through because the UDM sprayed 4-40 all over me when it accidently switched on while loading the pad. I could have thrown it in the garbage right there. That switch has to be fixed... Anyway, the results can be atributed to the product and the pad used. The whole job with engine, interior, and exterior took four hours from start to finish and I charged $160. I think it looks much better now.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is very impressive work and considering the shape the car was in, a 4 hour completion time is fast. BTW, I am glad I held off on the UDM....waiting for rev 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    great job

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome on the car... it looks like the oxidation hid the paint chips on the front end!! i had to replace my udm and it came with the new switch. helps out alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Man when I was in high school I wanted to an Integra, so I ended up getting the RSX. very nice vehicles, love they way the handle.

You brought that vehicle back to life, big time really love the engine bay detail, wicked just wicked the paint job well hands down back to life

You do some great work, thank you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job! Love the 50/50 hood shot! Car looks great and so does the newly detailed engine bay!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah loving the engine shot. So what tools and products did you use to clean up the engine ???
    Well .... lets just say that a new Ferrari 430 Spyder was delivered to me last week. In that week I would have drove it by all those previous girlfriends who said I would never make it

Post Thanks / Like
    Man great work and I love that 50/50 shot. And that red well that looks like Wolfpack Red now .

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered the UDM and was on the phone to Dwyane today b/c it had not been shipped yet and I ordered it Thursday. Turns out they are shipping the new ones with the new switch (you do the install..no biggie I am told). Otherwise, you have to register it on the UDM site to get your new free switch. Hope that helps. BTW..very nice job on the red!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that looks good! That oxidation was bad .
    By the way there is a switch being sent out...it looks pretty much like the PC switch, but red. It's smaller so it hides between the rails around the switch and u won't accidentally bump it on . Make sure you register your UDM though!
    Have you used a 6 inch backing plate on the UDM? Does it vibrate more with the Edge pads? thanks in advance for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast