autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My 97 Trans Am...

Thought I would post up some pics of my car to kinda introduce myself to everyone on this new board. Some might recognize me from other boards.
    This is my first car (had it for about 2 years) and its come a long way from stock, but not far enough. Its currently going through its next stage of mods (driveline; Moser 9" w/all options, race rebuilt 4l60E, Wilwood 4 piston front brakes and probably more stuff). Right now its got: SLP CAI, Hooker Aerochamber muffler, DMS springs, Bilstein HD shocks/struts, KBDB SFC, UMI adj. PHR, UMI LCA, Edelbrock 3pt. STB, Suspesion Techniques sway bars, 17x9 Z06 motorsports, 275/40/17 BFG g-force TA KDWS, Harwood WS6 hood, black accents and Pacesetter LT headers to be installed. Oh ya and a stereo system waiting to be installed (has been waiting for a year!).
    Dont have any new pics but hear are some pretty current ones.

And way back when it was stock...

Let me know what ya all think.
    04 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6spd w/navi :: '97 Pontiac Trans Am LT1 w/custom paint
    Owner Flawless Detailing & Supplies
    -Skye Northrop

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Euro guy, but I take so American muscle too, if I could have my cake and eat it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Always a fond place in my heart for the final designed f-bodies, well until reintroduction in 2007. I had one of the first 95 Ram Air T/A's. Car was a handful with LT-1 power and no traction control. I was never out of the shop for more than two weeks ... SLP SS headers (should have coated them) as the darn things would burn thru plug wires quickly. It was a hard pick actually, as they put me in a Typhoon to demo while mine was being prepped. Almost put her thru 7-11's window .... never try to powerbrake a four wheel drive/ turbocharged Truck. (who knew) ....

Matt
    Beautiful...

Just curious why you're going with the 9" and not a 12-bolt? Usually 9" rears are overkill for us A4 guys unless you plan on a serious drag setup...

anyways, I've heard those DMS springs are badass. Are you using the Pacesetter Y-pipe with the headers?

Matt
    Oh, and who are you going to for the '60E rebuild?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going with the 9" because it cost about the same as a 12 bolt and its much stronger. Yes, I have the pacesetter y pipe too. And I'm not sure who I'm going with on the tranny rebuild, although I'm thinking local, because if anything goes wrong I can just take the whole car to them. Plus I know a guy, who's dad owns the tranny shop.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
    -Skye Northrop

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful Car. Matt thats right up your Alley..I wonder if he Knows the camero in the AG pics belongs to you,If not he nows..

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    I'm going with the 9" because it cost about the same as a 12 bolt and its much stronger. Yes, I have the pacesetter y pipe too. And I'm not sure who I'm going with on the tranny rebuild, although I'm thinking local, because if anything goes wrong I can just take the whole car to them. Plus I know a guy, who's dad owns the tranny shop.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
    Gotcha...you're gonna eat up more power with that 9" though (don't mean to sound like an ass). Beware of that Y-pipe...I had to crush mine even more than it already is (depends on how bad your motor mounts are) and the damn thing never lined up. After that, I went to a 2.5" X-pipe setup over the axle that I paid a lot of $ for...that didn't seal either, so I ended up welding my own X with bullets, dumped at the rear for $200 and it's awesome.

I have a Race 4L60E w/4L65E front internal support and upgraded steel piston from CPT (www.cahallperformancetransmissions.com) - search camaroz28.com and you'll see nothing but great stuff. He's got 4L60Es in the 10s for years before they need a rebuild...definitely worth shipping it out and waiting for it to be done right, because you never see local generic-rebuilt 4L60Es holding up. A lot of people think they can just put stronger parts in, but there are a lot of modifications that need to be made for it to hold up right.

Good luck, and beautiful car!

Matt
    Oh, and I've got more 11 and 12 second passes on this tranny than I can remember! I've had it in for 6 months and 6-7,000 hard miles without any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey matt, I'm Mystic-t/a on CamaroZ28.com I have thought a lot about trannies and am still leaning toward local... cant convince my dad to let me ship it and he has valid reasons. So either local or Pro-built (about 6hrs away).
    -Skye Northrop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast