autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ψ Custom 1980 GMC Chevy Truck ↯ Matte Black Death † Hardcore Detailing by ⇒ Sharkpolitur

It would be mounted right if it was a cowl, but it is actually a "bolt-on" hood scoop and is mounted backwards.
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ψ Custom 1980 GMC Chevy Truck ↯ Matte Black Death † Hardcore Detailing by ⇒ Sharkpolitur

Quote Originally Posted by ge0rge View Post
    No, he is right, it is mounted properly. Do a search on cowl induction and read away. Here is a very short explanation:

"Cowl induction is when the back of the hood next to the windshield is open so that the engine can get access to the cool high pressure air that builds up there while driving."

I thought otherwise as well until I did some research.
    This people all own extra class classic cars & bikes & new super cars (this gentlemen Eli is a very good friend for 2Y owned Mercedes S 500 AMG now new Lexus LS 460, vintage Jaguar, BMW 635 CSI, Honda Goldwing, Honda Valkyrie, now looks for vintage Harley...all his life only the best new cars, that's why he works with the top garages who know how to install things, paint shops, me
    For them this is like toys, so often they change cars, one guy from their circle I detailed a Porsche 911, then he bought new Audi R8 I was abroad, few months I came back see him with new Porsche 911 S Cabriolet, now he bought Aston Martin, they ask me: Marc, do I need to polish/wax car?
    If I say yes, just do it, they got no knowledge about it, they trust me.
    Who asks such questions after 1 month on the road? After I deliver car for them, I swear they don't even look or touch the paint, they are always on the phone, sit inside & leave.
    They always ask the same question: How much this time to pay?
    I say for you the price is the same as before, always.
    How much it was?
    For me I remember it, it's simple, they don't.
    One guy had clear bra on the front bumper, half hood, Hi Marc, how are yo?
    How are you bro, what is this #### on your car's hood?
    Got no idea, I bought it like this, made few turns on the
    Nürburgring don't remember if it was there before or after? New car!
    This condom wrap must be removed immediately, it's ugly.
    OK, do it, he speaks on the phone, smokes cigar & leaves to the cigar's & whiskey club PortoVino for VIP in the Old Port TLV.
    I remove wrap partially in the parking, go to their meeting club:
    I removed it Shani, almost everything, some small things left & glue residue, he slowly comes with me, helps me remove it! (this guys are not show off, they are very simple people with normal behavior & kind of course not with everybody.)
    So we remove the rest, he pays upfront: I leave you Porsche keys on Saturday, when I can take it ready?
    On Sunday. He comes to me from 20km from Tel Aviv, leaves the car & keys, leaves with his friend with another cool Porsche.
    Sunday afternoon he arrives, again on the phone.
    I say: tried to polish your wheels but made only 1, was tired to make all 4, it's hot here today, look the difference between the one I did & the rest 3.
    He says: WOW
    I can imagine how some doctor or middle class businessmen would look at me if I polished only 1! Porsche wheel ...

That's why I think Eli's Cowl Induction is placed correctly, again: Scoop Design
    "To be effective, a functional scoop must be located at a high-pressure area on the hood. For that reason, some functional scoops are located at the rear of the hood, near the vehicle's cowl, where the curvature of the windshield creates such a high-pressure zone, and may be placed so that their opening faces the windshield (a
    reversed scoop)."

Hood scoop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And another nice Russian song :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9OtoARn474

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Visited friend's family office today for a cigar, cake & espresso located near the beach at the Old Port TLV, I thought it's worth to show how nice people run their "business". His wife's hobby is art photography
    He likes cars, horses, eagles, bikes, ships, women (here me too )

Eli is a former high rank in Israel's Special Forces like Navy Seal in USA

My business card on the table

You can always have a stronger drink if you like, no problem says beautiful girl name Margarita

Just for fun

And this is his biggest treasure (he says ) a Porsche vintage gas lighter I bought in Frankfurt am Main in the flea market shop, I wouldn't give it to anybody else but Eli once seen it, I could see a child in his eyes he liked it so much so I gave it to him, this is like giving a real Porsche, how much I like him.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to vote for this thread as being the most interesting and entertaining thread of the year!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    I am going to vote for this thread as being the most interesting and entertaining thread of the year!

When in doubt, let your horse do the thinkin'.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Came today to visit Eli's family office for almost daily ritual (cigars & coffee) & showed him my new toys chrome plated Made in Italy Marco (no connection to my name ) Nautical Horns (he wants me to get such for him too).

Marco, did you notice some difference since last week?
    No.
    Take a look...

This is his new custom made office installations

Post Thanks / Like

We need a man like Shark in the Whitehouse.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    We need a man like Shark in the Whitehouse.

Nice gifts & surprises everyday, this time battery LED checker & vintage antenna during our daily smoke & coffee meeting when we speak some things.
    One guy got 1940's GAZ Pobeda on sale so we looked how it can be customized

Manifacturer ATM! Made in Italy

In a company of lovely people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12