autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed Black Ford F250

Hey guys I did this truck for my boss on Friday morning. The truck had lots of water spots. He said he thought previous owner went through the car wash on a very regular basis. This detail was before I got my Surf City Garage Nano Seal so it got my trusty XMT 360 (this stuff works so good on water spots) followed up with DP Surface Shield. Also there is no signature shot since these pics were taken before I had been bestowed a signature shot by alban61 . Truck turned out great and he was really pleased and it always helps to make the boss happy! Said he would want me to do his wife's Pathfinder next. Well here's what I did:

Tires/Wheels: Cleaned the tires and wheels with DP Gel Wheel Cleaner and Black Wheel Schmitt. Used Meg's APC on the wheel wells. Dressed the tires with DP Gloss Tire Gel applied with Cobra Flex Foam Tire Dressing Applicator. Sprayed the wheels with Pinnacle Crystal Mist and buffed off with Cobra MF. Wheel wells were dressed with Stoners More Shine.

Wash: He had just washed the truck a few days ago. You know it's funny how many people ask me to detail their vehicle and then right before they bring it to me they go out and do some cleaning to it. Sort of like the way my wife cleans up the day before the cleaning lady comes... go figure. Well I decided to use the DP 4 n 1 rinseless wash on this with the two bucket method. I really love the DP 4 n 1 and use it all the time on my vehicles and it was nice to use it on a customers as well. I also used my white/yellow schmitt as well and dried each panel with a Cobra Guzzler. Cleaned all door jambs with DG #921 and MF.

Exterior Trim: All trim was wiped down with Poorboy's Trim Restorer.

Engine: Lightly misted with water and sprayed down with Megs APC undiluted. Then worked in with soft bristle brush and lightly rinsed down. Then dressed with Stoners More Shine.

Interior: Interior was pretty well kept. I just vacuumed with Shop Vac and cleaned everything with DP Total Interior Cleaner diluted 1:1. Then protected everything with DP Interior Surface Protectant. Leather seats were cleaned with DP TIC and conditioned with Wolfgang's Leather Conditioner.

Glass: All glass inside and out was cleaned with Stoners Invisible Glass a MF and dried with a Cobra WW MF.

Headlights/Tailights: All lights were cleaned/polished with DP Plex-All.

Paint: Applied XMT 360 via PC and orange LC Pad. Next I applied the DP Surface Shield with a blue LC pad. I waited about an hour and buffed it off with the Cobra indigo MF. The hood was the worst and did not come out as good as I had hoped (he however was thrilled with it). I now have some Menzerna Power Gloss and would like to give it a try on it as I think it would clear up all the water spots.

Well here are the before and afters:

Hope you all enjoy and as always all advice welcomed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfpacker your work is awesome! I'm with you on the 360 it does some amazing work! It almost looks like you snuk some liquid or paste souveran on that black

Keep the details coming !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job. Man those 250's are sneaky big.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job. Man those 250's are sneaky big.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man great job

Those wheel wells are spotless!

Post Thanks / Like
    definately good work there bro. I saw what you meant on the hood, could of used something a little more aggressive, but hey as long as the cust is happy! awesome as always, and I want to know what your Sig. shot is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job there, truck looks really good and the reflection is very nice

I agree with Dust2Glory, as long as the customer is happy that's all that matters. I totally understand where your coming from though, because sometimes we (detailers) are harder on our selves when we can't get the results we expect...I'm the same way. But those water spots looks (from the pictures) to be quite deep, I wonder if you would be able to remove them anyways.

Well great job and nice pictures, thank you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work! I always love to read your writeups! The care came out great. Like a mirror
    Audi Allroad Quattro
    VW Jetta 4 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to get some of that XMT 360, the before and after pics are unbelievable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys thanks for the props I really appreciate it.

Dust2Glory - My signature shot thanks to alban61 is the one where "My garage door is open and you can see my little giant" in the pic of the vehicle.

ehuth1 - Thanks man compliments mean a lot coming from someone that you admire their work. And yes 360 is awesome. I have a few more details to post but they are coming to an end for a little while as I start back on nights tonight, 7 days off is over until next month .

Nica - I think you are right and until I get real comfortable with my rotary I'm not sure if I could have gotten those H2O spots out.

Jimmie - You are so right you don't realize how big they are until you start detailing one!

Pirex - Thanks sometimes I think I get to rambling in my posts but I want to include everything so someone else might benefit like I did when I first started coming here and reading what you guys were writing.

P1et - Yes you definately need some 360. Whenever I'm not sure what I want to do I seem to always reach for the 360 and it has yet to disappoint.

As a side note on the "what the customer wants" (or will pay for sometimes), do you guys ever try to talk them into what they should do instead of what they want to do. I mean sometimes I'm a little frustrated during the detail but in the end when the customer is ecstatic the frustration leaves rather quickly. Just wondering if I should give a little more info when they decide but I don't want to sound like I'm just trying to talk them into something because it will mean more $ for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast