autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln Continental Mark VI 1980 single stage paint colour restorer by Sharkpolitur using Simoniz products some made in the 70's + Chrome Worx etc.***

This is 1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, 2-door sedan one stage paint all original. For the paint I have used Simoniz products that some of it were made in the 70's & 80's & the newest probably in the beginning of 90's. It was hand & machine polished, even car shampoo was vintage Simoniz Liquid Diamond Poly Wash (I still use it on the newest cars from our era & it works great, the clear coat becomes very clean & polymers in the shampoo make clay bar slide smoother I also add it to distilled water to make a lubricant). The process to detail this car took about 12+ hours of no stop work, the paint was the hardest part because this car before arriving to my friend's property in Israel went through Atlantic Ocean by ship but I think the paint gets damaged already in Israel's Sea Ports, because from the day car arrives to the day owner can take it this can take even few months because of bureaucracy & all this time the classic cars stay in the open under the sun, storm, rain depending on the season, the cars are not covered & the Sea Port workers must enjoy seeing beautiful classic cars being baked on the sun & getting a salty wash from the waves.
    I heard this is the case only with classic cars, the new imported cars are stored in the closed hangar & their delivery is faster.
    Same as some of you could see in my previous post on Lincoln Town Coupe 1979 2-tone maroon/white, the cabriolet roof was dirty from the Sea salt & paint was like a sanding paper, same here & there the cats for sure were sleeping on both cars because I could see their little footsteps everywhere on white & they slept & walked these cars for a while because not a car shampoo, not a clay bar, not a all purpose cleaner & degreaser could remove this little black marks & smell. Even with machine polishing using a medium pad it was not so easy to make white look white again, the machine traveled a long distance to make the paint look clean.
    For machine polishing I have used Berner Nano Polish Medium & Wax, for hand polishing & waxing & sealing I have used Simoniz products from the past.

P.S. Why such a long write up? Because I have detailed all American classic cars to my friend & all were in the same dirty, salty, kitty condition so will not go back to it later, still 3 cars left to show from the same collection. Now back to the basics of this forum

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After Sharkpolitur

I wish you all a good flight, don't forget to close the door.

Vintage Simoniz products pics will post later, now enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGeeCaW4Mvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI8pdFbxkcI

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincoln Continental Mark VI 1980 single stage paint colour restorer by Sharkpolitur using Simoniz products some made in the 70's + Chrome Worx etc

Wow that is one sweet looking car!!!

Mike Phillips

Re: Lincoln Continental Mark VI 1980 single stage paint colour restorer by Sharkpolitur using Simoniz products some made in the 70's + Chrome Worx etc

Nice work on a nice land Yacht!

Those seats almost look like Lazy Boy's.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Very nice!

Any chance we could see the products used?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Nice work on a nice land Yacht!

Those seats almost look like Lazy Boy's.

Hello Maestro,

You are not only luminary in USA, in Israel you are celebrity as well in closed circles of custom cars & bikes collectors (including Meir who owns such Lincolns, Cadillacs, soon maybe Rolls-Royce, Lorinser). People who first customized their cars & bikes here and are pioneers in bringing such cars from USA & Europe, big fish (Brabus, Aston Martin, Lamborghini shops) who own tuned cars & yachts told me that they heard about you. I am sure some of the people you know in USA who own big cars may have dual US-Israel citizenship

Greetings, Marc
    Director of Lumber Trading, Hessen, Germany.