autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Know those special car details with a story that come around once in a while? Here's our last one.

A few months ago someone reached out to us looking for someone that could do something special for him. He was the original owner of a 1964 E-Type. After some chatting on the phone he decided to have the car delivered to us so that we could work our thing.

The original project can be found here on my blog: Atlanta Jaguar E-Type Concours Car Detailing ProjectDetailed Designs Auto Spa Blog

Months later, while at Caffeine and Exotics in Atlanta, the engine builder who owns a few exotics was talking to me about how Jaguar of America wanted to use the E-Type we worked on as the crown piece of their Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival Concours display. The owner was out of the country and the guy I was speaking with who works closely with Jaguar of America wanted this car but the owner refused to let anyone but us detail or touch it despite there being a lot of "detailers" on staff. I offered to help in any way I could so that it could happen.

To make the story a bit shorter, Jaguar paid for the car to be shipped to/from the show and my shop after it was delivered for a freshening up for the show.

We definitely did some magic to get it back up to our high standard after hundreds of miles of driving since it left my shop. We were able to get it ready and looked smoking despite a wacky schedule sneaking it in. It was picked up for HH and on time!

The owner called me while I was waiting on a connecting flight to SEMA and expressed how pleased he was with the car and exclaimed that he thought it saw more action than any other car at the event(he may be a bit biased though...).

Anyways, the car was used quite a bit over the weekend by Jaguar of America and we were very honored to work on it.

Inside the Designer’s Studio | Autoweek

After our work prepping it for the show:

Ready to be shown on behalf of Jaguar of America by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr

Engine bay, check.

Doesn't look bad after hundreds of miles of highway driving by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr

Doesn't look bad after hundreds of miles of highway driving by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr

I'm about to drive it in the trailer for delivery to Hilton Head.

How cool is it to work on such beautiful pieces of art? by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr

"sleeping beauty"

Jaguar E-Type heading off to Hilton Head by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr

Some picks from the event:

Hilton Head Concours Jaguar e-type promo by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr

HHHilton Head Concours Jaguar e-type promo2 by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr

Hilton Head Concours Jaguar e-type promo by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr
    Auto Detailing Atlanta | Modesta coatings | Paint Protection Film Atlanta
    http://www.detaileddesignsautospa.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Detai...a/152665034558

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Know those special car details with a story that come around once in a while? Here's our last one.

That's awesome!! What an experience and way to get your name out there even more.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Know those special car details with a story that come around once in a while? Here's our last one.

Great work!

Post Thanks / Like

She's a beauty for sure.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that is something to hang your hat on chap

Nice work

Post Thanks / Like

Simply incredible...the work, attention to detail and the car!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the kind words guys!
    Auto Detailing Atlanta | Modesta coatings | Paint Protection Film Atlanta
    http://www.detaileddesignsautospa.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Detai...a/152665034558

Post Thanks / Like

Great work, car looks very nice up there.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! I love those cars. Nice work and thanks for sharing.