autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New Promo Video for us - feedback appreciated!

So the last 2 - 3 days of my life have been mostly consumed piecing together tons of video clips we have accumulated over the last couple of years and then trying to crunch it into a 2:30 video! I think i did pretty good though...hope you guys can spare 2.5 minutes to take a look.

It can be viewed in HD on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cy_...ature=youtu.be

It is also posted on our facebook business page: facebook.com/windowsandwheels (we update our work on there often for those of you who may want to follow).

Thanks in advance, hope you guys enjoy it!
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Promo Video for us - feedback appreciated!

Ok, I like the video, but dislike the music. I think the music sounds "Run-of-the-mill," which, hopefully, your viewers will not translate to your work. I don't think they will, but what do you think when you see a decent video, but with "ghetto" music?
    My son walked past when I was watching the video for a second time, and he said, "Ghetto music." He didn't know what I was doing, and I didn't ask for his opinion. That's just the way it struck him, and he blurted it out-loud.
    I know that sounds harsh, and I know you put a lot of hard work into making the video, so please don't take it personally.

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Ok, I like the video, but dislike the music. I think the music sounds "Run-of-the-mill," which, hopefully, your viewers will not translate to your work. I don't think they will, but what do you think when you see a decent video, but with "ghetto" music?
    My son walked past when I was watching the video for a second time, and he said, "Ghetto music." He didn't know what I was doing, and I didn't ask for his opinion. That's just the way it struck him, and he blurted it out-loud.
    I know that sounds harsh, and I know you put a lot of hard work into making the video, so please don't take it personally.
    Nothing personal taken. I like the song personally as an instrumental...i dont exactly get what "ghetto music" is suppose to be. Song was a big hit in kill bill but more so it was featured in part of transformers where Bumblebee changed into the new updated Gen 5 Camaro (which is why i thought it to be fitting for the video). Plus its up beat. Peoples taste in music branches all over the place so if i tried to fit what everyone likes well, id never be able to choose a song. I'm not sure what your son listens to but it may not be my cup of tea either.

Don't expect to please everyone and if im labeled as a ghetto detailer cause of my music choice, i'll take it...appreciate your honest feedback though
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent video! Really showcases your skills and high end services.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the video is great!

The music is neutral and shouldn't offend anyone for the most part, considering it's just an instrumental. The parts of the video with you all working on cars and the sounds of the DA being used are awesome.

Keep up the great work.....

Post Thanks / Like

He's 10, and doesn't listen to music, for the most part.
    My feeling was the instrumentals were too much, at times. A bit harsh, if you will.
    The other videos that I have seen of detailing cars, included(this will be hard to describe) softer, gentler beats without harsh brass instrumental sounds. I guess, I associate softer music to the experience of the detailer being soft and gentle to the car. The vibe that I interpret when I hear softer music with a mellow beat is that the guy in the video, who's taking care of the car, is connected the vehicle, and is being ever-so gentle.
    You show-case a lot of nicer cars in the video, and some of them being higher end.
    I know it's just my opinion, but I think softer music could convey your message to your target audience in a much-more effective manner.
    If you have not already, try looking-up Paul Dalton's videos on YT. As I recall, he has videos I like to watch, even though I think he's a bit flamboyant with his techniques, only because his videos present themselves very well.

Post Thanks / Like

I found nothing wrong with it. Showcases your ability and services. A lot to do in 2:30
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

For one, I don't consider that ghetto. The music is neutral and works with what you are doing. Like you said everyone has their own impressions. You do have to be careful when choosing music and that's was a good choice. The cars look great. One thing I notice was early on the video was moving up and down and not panning smoothly on the side shot of the car. That's the only thing I noticed. Very well done.
    DMac

Post Thanks / Like

Great video. Shows your excellent work.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Moldavite

Subscribe!
    Good job guys

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast