autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2000 Toyota Tacoma/ review and thank you to Richy

So i had been wanting to try out the Tufbuff Black Wool Pads. i contacted Richy about some advice on using the pads. Richy was very helpful, gave me step by step directions on how to go about using these pads, which are very different from Microfiber and Foam pads.

i had a 2000 Toyota Tacoma coming in and i was under a time crunch and pressure as this was the M-I-L truck. 14 yrs of improper washing and neglect was what i was up against. this truck was last washed about a year ago. it was pretty trashed as you will see.

Products used:

Nanoskin Medium glove
    CG Mr Pink
    Carpro Iron-X snow foam/Autogeek Foam Cannon
    Iron-x
    Sonax wheel cleaner plus
    Flex 3401/TufBuff Black Wool Pads
    GG 3"
    Carpro 4" flashpads
    Menzerna FG-400
    Menzerna Powerlock

i wasnt going for a show car finish as this was not possible with how bad this truck was, and it is a daily driver. as you will see of of the scratches were just to deep to remove with out causing anymore damage than what was already there. i didnt get a chance to take to many pictures, but you will see a considerable difference

on to the pictures

My Test Spot:

as you notice the area on the right is much cleaner deeper color

deep scratches here

here is the after. not completely gone, but a huge improvement

headlights before and after

this is where i put the Carpro Flashpads to use, i must say that if you do not have these in your arsenal, they are a must have

this is the gas cap before and after

below are some side by side comparisons:

overall i was pretty happy with the outcome. my M-I-L was really happy with the results. it was far from perfect, but given where i started i think it was a huge improvement.

Some comments about the TufBuff Black Wool Pads. these things are miracle workers. If you decide to get them, either get in contact with Richy on the process or myself and i will forward you the directions i received from Richy, you will not be disappointed.

The Carpro Flashpads are another one that should be in your rotation as well. You would think that as hard as these pads are that all they would do is cause more damage, i can assure you that you will be glad you got them in the end. Now that they are available in 5" is even better now.
    Last edited by refreshauto; 09-02-2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: spell check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2000 Toyota Tacoma/ review and thank you to Richy

Great review and turnaround of that Toyota Vargas. Really liking the before and afters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Great review and turnaround of that Toyota Vargas. Really liking the before and afters.
    Thanks Mike, i like the turnaround as well on this one

Post Thanks / Like

You really revitalized that daily driver. That gas cap before and after is especially satisfying to me.

I just got a few of the TB Black wool pads in. Can you forward me those instructions? Loving the reviews on the flash pads as well, looking forward to testing those out.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you, and directions have been sent

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for the shout out! I have been using them for a few years now and they consistently give me amazing results, especially how they finish down if worked long enough. You did a fantastic job using them for your first time!! I love the turnaround and what a cool way to show it with the side-by-sides! I was comparing them once again to the KB method using mf + M205. I was using the TB and 205 (2014 Explorer I just posted). I just can't get enough of those pads! I'm glad you like them too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Thanks very much for the shout out! I have been using them for a few years now and they consistently give me amazing results, especially how they finish down if worked long enough. You did a fantastic job using them for your first time!! I love the turnaround and what a cool way to show it with the side-by-sides! I was comparing them once again to the KB method using mf + M205. I was using the TB and 205 (2014 Explorer I just posted). I just can't get enough of those pads! I'm glad you like them too.
    thank you, i did like the way they finished down. the turnaround was big on this truck