autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2010 Mercedes Benz E350

Today's project was a 2010 Mercedes Benz E350 in white with tan interior. My customer was dissatisfied with the customer service from a well-known mobile detailing business in South Jersey, so she gave AROV Auto Spa a shot. Needless to say, she did not regret her decision!

The vehicle was in fair condition. The paint needed to be decontaminated badly as the fallout could be felt by gliding your hand over the paint. Rough was an understatement! The interior needed some help as well. There were coffee stains on the center console and rear driver side carpet. The synthetic leather MBTex was very dirty. My customer made a comment that she hated greasy interiors. Her prior detailer had left her seats this way. I assured her that this wouldn't happen under my watch!

On to some before pictures:

Holy BUG GUTS!

My customer was very upset about this mishap and hoped that I could fix it.

Nasty door jams!

Tar and road grime everywhere!

MBTex screamin' for a cleanin'

PROCESS:

First, I tackled the interior. I started with the trunk and removed all the debris. The trunk jams were thoroughly cleaned with 3D All Purpose Cleaner at a 1:10 dilution ratio. The plastic was dressed with Stoner's Trim Shine.

Next, I cleaned all of the rubber floor mats with some Meguiar's Super Degreaser diluted 1:4 and a scrub brush. They came out nearly perfect! I set them out in the sun to dry and vacuumed out the entire interior. There were several coffee stains that came clean with the help of a terry cloth towel and the Super Degreaser. There were some minor stains on the headliner that were addressed as well. The seats were scrubbed with the Super Degreaser as they were heavily soiled. I used a scrub brush (medium bristle stiffness) and a non-abrasive scrub pad to agitate the cleaner. The glass was cleaned with distilled water and a glass specific towel. The dash was cleaned with a microfiber towel and some 3D APC. The navigation screen was cleaned with the glass specific towel. The entire interior was treated to conditioning with Adam's Leather Conditioner.

The exterior on this beast needed some help. 1Z Colourtec, Meguiar's Wheel Brightener, and Stoners Tarminator came to the rescue to get rid of the absurd amount of brake dust.

Colourtec is no joke!!

The lower rocker panels and front/rear bumper were treated to a bath with the Tarminator, a paint-safe wash mitt, and some microfiber towels. The paint was cleansed with a rinse-less wash to conserve water. I used Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice and about ten plush microfiber towels. The paint was decontaminated with the speedy-prep towel (medium grade). Finally a coat of Collinite 476 Super Doublecoat was applied to all of the painted surfaces. Stoners Trim Shine was used on the front grill and wiper cowl. The glass was cleaned with Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate. The scuff mark on the passenger side mirror came off with a magic eraser soaked in Infinite Use Detail Juice.

When my customer came back from the beach, she was shocked at the results! . The feeling you get from a satisfied customer is amazing!

Here are some final pictures:

No more bug guts!!

No more scuff mark!

I also shot my first YouTube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4zCrBrCE4Q

Thanks for reading! Comments, questions appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 Mercedes Benz E350

Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Looks great!
    Thank You!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's how Benz should look at all times excellent work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Thank you sir!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Indeed it is! Makes me sick how people let there cars get. Its a very big investment and to let it go to complete crap just amazes me.....

Very good job! As an e550 owner, Im happy to see you bring it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rodneypierce View Post
    Indeed it is! Makes me sick how people let there cars get. Its a very big investment and to let it go to complete crap just amazes me.....

Very good job! As an e550 owner, Im happy to see you bring it
    Thank you for the kind words! This owner seemed very meticulous about her vehicle, but just wasn't sure about how to get it taken care of properly. The profession detailing market down here in South Jersey is odd. We have our over-priced shops who do production work and our in-experienced fly by night mobile guys. I'm smack in the middle... I don't think I could do this stuff full time. Back breaking labor for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver5882 View Post
    Thank you for the kind words! This owner seemed very meticulous about her vehicle, but just wasn't sure about how to get it taken care of properly.
    Thats good to hear right there! Now that you got her on track, perhaps she will keep it in the shape you left it.

I guess its also hard, since after all, we do belong to a detail forum here.

Most people think Im nuts spending 20 minutes every single day to keep my car spotless I just think its normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneypierce View Post
    Thats good to hear right there! Now that you got her on track, perhaps she will keep it in the shape you left it.

I guess its also hard, since after all, we do belong to a detail forum here.

Most people think Im nuts spending 20 minutes every single day to keep my car spotless I just think its normal

I can relate! People are like "what in the world is this guy doing??" when I break out the foam cannon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver5882 View Post
    I can relate! People are like "what in the world is this guy doing??" when I break out the foam cannon!
    hahahahah!! Oh man, so true! I honestly think my neighbors watch me out the window like I should be in the loony bin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast