autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My latest project(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helltopay View Post
    Cadillac tried that once before. Called it a Cimeron. I thought they learned their lesson on that one but I guess not.
    Ha ha...I forgot all about the Cimmaron...Cavalier in Cadillac clothing...how about the original Seville...Nova in Cadillac clothing. I think anyone who can afford an ELR would buy a Tesla.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cadillac tried that once before. Called it a Cimeron. I thought they learned their lesson on that one but I guess not.
    It's a bit unfair to make that exact comparison, but some of you don't realize the drastic advanced in tech (both safety, connectivity and creature comforts) that Cadillac has undergone in the last few years. Before we continue that discussion (on a thread started by a Cadillac enthusiast and salesman) we might consider what the thread subject is in regards to.. Namely NOT Cadillacs mistakes.

lol
    I see swirls everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha ha...I forgot all about the Cimmaron...Cavalier in Cadillac clothing...how about the original Seville...Nova in Cadillac clothing. I think anyone who can afford an ELR would buy a Tesla.
    Even though I am not stocking them, I could certainly rebutt that statement with some compelling facts.. Anyway, about my projects.. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Cricket, what are you going to do with that piece out of your White Gold bumper??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishincricket View Post
    It's a bit unfair to make that exact comparison, but some of you don't realize the drastic advanced in tech (both safety, connectivity and creature comforts) that Cadillac has undergone in the last few years. Before we continue that discussion (on a thread started by a Cadillac enthusiast and salesman) we might consider what the thread subject is in regards to.. Namely NOT Cadillacs mistakes.

lol
    I agree that it is not a fair comparison and the Cadillac of today, in fact the entire US automobile industry, is not the same as it was in the 1970s and early 1980s. Nevertheless, it was a joke that was too easy make (reading it later I realize that I did a poor job of conveying the joking nature through the post). In fact, I consider myself to be a General Motors man myself and five of the last vehicles I have owed have been General Motors products (I currently have a GMC Sierra that I consider to be part of my family). Anyway, as you said, back to the original point of the thread (I apologize for the inadvertent divertion).

Welcome back and I look forward to following the magic that you work on the Cadillac and the Firebird. .

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that it is not a fair comparison and the Cadillac of today, in fact the entire US automobile industry, is not the same as it was in the 1970s and early 1980s. Nevertheless, it was a joke that was too easy make (reading it later I realize that I did a poor job of conveying the joking nature through the post). In fact, I consider myself to be a General Motors man myself and five of the last vehicles I have owed have been General Motors products (I currently have a GMC Sierra that I consider to be part of my family). Anyway, as you said, back to the original point of the thread (I apologize for the inadvertent divertion).

Welcome back and I look forward to following the magic that you work on the Cadillac and the Firebird. .
    No need to apologize, I was a bit gruff, considering.. I've been bombarded recently about quality and reliability (not because their 180k Deville is broken but because it's all over the news that it's recalled and is apparently junk)

I shouldn't take that out on folks that don't deserve it. Sorry.

Ok Cricket, what are you going to do with that piece out of your White Gold bumper??
    That's a mighty fine question... I've got an idea, but that about it... I assume the plan is to sand it down, fill it with color then clear, then sand, cut, buff and shine it, eh?

I'm not actually doing to compound the car until I get the hail dents pushed out, so it'll probably get a winter coat of 845 or maybe I'll try meguiars White Wax...

It's what I'm going to do about the peeling chrome on the grill that May interest you...

Post Thanks / Like

It's what I'm going to do about the peeling chrome on the grill that may interest you...
    Oh, do tell!

PS You know I'm a long time GM guy, too, so we're allowed to poke a little fun at our brand, no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, do tell!

PS You know I'm a long time GM guy, too, so we're allowed to poke a little fun at our brand, no?
    Absolutely, please consider my apology to the other poster as extended to you as well.

So, as for the chrome... I'd think the best way to approach it is going to be to continue peeling the chrome, clean up the plastic and spray it with a really cool dip color, like anthracite grey or one of these "metalizers"
    My latest project(s)-imageuploadedbyagonline1408813401-233614-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    My current immediate dilemma is deciding which one of these "heritage" company stickers I should use.. They are in order of age, the oldest one (on the bottom) has been out of use for almost 20 years...
    My latest project(s)-imageuploadedbyagonline1408813709-532301-jpg

Which one do you think would look best on this color?

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, please consider my apology to the other poster as extended to you as well.
    Not necessary. Everyone knows even a Mark of Excellence sometimes gets a little tarnished...it eventually gets polished back up, right?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast