autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2002 STS: Very Proud of This One!

Top notch as always Richy !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2002 STS: Very Proud of This One!

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    Wow nice work Richy!! Looks fantastic!! Those wheels, I would have shook his hand too they look flawless now.
    Thanks very much! He was beaming when I pointed that out to him

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinss View Post
    Well played sir!!! Great job on that pearl white beauty.
    Thanks very much! I think that colour will be on my next car in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    Rich, can't find any flaw in your beautification process. Well done as usual. If I had to pick on you I would ask: "what made you decide on doing parallel concourse lines in the back and perpendicular in the front?" (relating the orientation to the length of the car). I'll admit that I've made the mistake once before (since the mats were out of the car and did not think about their orientation in the car... and just plain assumed). The customer never noticed but I spilled the beans on the final inspections and he STILL could not see what I was talking about LOL! This type of minutia seems to only matter to us
    Claude, thanks very much. In fact, I did it that way on purpose. I believe that the stripes are more visible when the are perpendicular to the length of the mat when it is longer than the width which is why I differentiate between the front and back. I hadn't done that in a bit to be honest, I do like the look of it! I found that after going over the carpet with the DA brush, that it was more accepting of having the grooves cut into it.
    And, good catch on that anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Complete renewal on one of Caddy's best looking rides
    Thanks very much Rick! I really liked mine! In fact, check this out! Below is a link for one of the very first show & shines I ever posted on AG back in 2007!

10 year old STS

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Looks great Richy. I have to try that magic eraser soaked in Tarminator trick.
    Please let me know how it works for you. There has been a lot of negative press on using them on paint, but they are fine if you use them soaking wet with whatever chemical you are using to serve your purpose (ie: CarPro IronX paste, Tarminator, Car Wash soap-for bug removal, etc). I have never had it mar paint doing it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Richy, your work is considered can't miss when I see you posting a new job. Awesome as always - thank you for sharing.
    Oh, man, that is very kind to say! Thank you! I'll be posting a nasty X3 I did the week before this one in the next day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    You should be really proud of this one, incredible work you did in only ~17h. Unbelievable, since it's looking more like a full restoration than a 'mere' detailing work.

Congratulations my friend, thanks for sharing.

Kind Regards.
    Thanks so much Tato. I may not go into the minutia that you do but that allows me to still perform to a great level without going over budget. I charge and quote by the hour. In this case the paint was easy to do on the one step sections and I saved time there. Americoat is also an easy coating to use too, so that also saves time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Top notch as always Richy !!!
    Thank you very much my friend. I really appreciate you always taking the time to comment!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12