autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Booked my first bike!

Got hit up yesterday by my old gym owner on FB and he asked if I did bikes. I had a few other inquiries before so I bought a few metal polishes just in case someone did want theirs done I would have what I needed. I don't have a lift so I am sure it's going to suck, but I live in a HUGE bike community so there is potential for more work. If that is the case I'll look into a lift as they aren't that expensive. But here is what gets dropped off tomorrow night:

I have mothers aluminum polish and and 2 buffs for the drill along with Megs medium and fine chrome polish. Anyone have suggestions for other products I might want to pick up?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Booked my first bike!

I use optimum metal polish, but any good polish will work. After you are done with the bike you will really really want that lift. So much easier on your back and makes things go smoother and faster. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on harleys. So many things to polish and clean, lots of tight spaces. Also, having forced air to dry is HUGE on bikes.
    Get the owner to take the seats off when he drops it off. I tend to do many baggers and i have the owner take them off if its the first time I have done the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks for the seat tip, I think I'm going waterless on the wash I do have air. Tips on the small spaces like the fins and such?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats man ! That s a real nice bike in there . You ll get it right .

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I'd love to lay my hands on that beauty! If you've never done bikes before, one thing you must not do and that is to dress the tires or the seat. Leave them be (think of how you lean a bike over on a corner).

Post Thanks / Like

I am a previous rider so I know the importance of no dressing on seats, tires and controls I'm picking up some S100 soap and engine bright today at lunch, I ordered P21s polishing soap as well, might be here by saturday before I am done depending on Fedex and Amazon prime.

Post Thanks / Like

I use to use Mothers Billit Polish - same one you have? If not, that stuff was awesome on chrome! I'm the Megs is too...

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the mag and alum. polish not the billet stuff I have megs for chrome. Picked up the S100 at lunch. Bike gets delivered at 9pm tomorrow so no outside shots, in fact once it's dropped off I will barely be moving it!

Post Thanks / Like

cant wait to see you work some magic on this bike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    Ok thanks for the seat tip, I think I'm going waterless on the wash I do have air. Tips on the small spaces like the fins and such?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    When washing make sure you get everywhere. It is easy to miss little spaces if you dont change your angle of washing
    I have the GG interior tool kit that has little attachments that go on a 1/4 in. rod. I drape a MF over 1 of the attachments and work in between fins. Anything that fits will work. There are so many little things on harleys you really have to pick a section and finish that section before moving on. Take your time so you dont miss anything which is really easy to do with so much little chrome pieces.
    Take your time and have fun. Harleys, or a custom like this, are very rewarding when done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast