autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cadillac SRX

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac SRX

Got a call from a Dealer here in town that heard good things about our work. I am sure their body shop made the issues on this car and the customer refused to purchase this car because of the state of the paint. I was contacted to fix this car for them so that it can be sold.

Game Plan and Product:

Upon my initial viewing I noticed a boat load of holograms in the paint as well as some scratches it seems like from a back plate from a machine. They were circular and not through the clear so it's the only thing I can think of. I really only snagged a picture of the hood as I did this car over night in my garage so I could get it back to them quickly.

Initial Hood Shot:

As you can see many scratches and those holograms were all over the entire car. I can surely tell someone tried to do something with the paint. They tried and surely fell short of success.

Wash:

Dawn/CG Mixture in Foam Gun
    Had wash using CG/Dawn mix
    Blown out with Air Compressor and tried with Cobra Waffle Weave towel.
    Engine Bay - APC, brush and Zymol Tyre for dressing

Wheels:

APC wash on tires
    HD Glass on Rims
    Zymol Tyre on tires
    Zymol Coat on Wheels

Paint Correction:
    GG 6" - Lake County Wool Pad
    Megs M105
    GG 6" HD Medium Cut Pad
    HD Speed

Again this was for a dealer so I left it with the HD Speed on as the LSP. Car finished out amazing and the dealer was stoked with the car they put it back on their showroom floor instead of hiding it in the back lot like it was before.

Onward to pics:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/avatars/caraudiophile.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1366666430
    www.exoticdetailne.com 02 GT Blown and Beaten

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cadillac SRX

Nice work! The possible buyer would not find a nicer one.

If I was a GM at a dealer (especially a "luxury" dealer) I would sub all the detail work out. Word would spread and probably drum up more sales. They make enough profit on the car to do so, and possibly save money on employees.
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

They wanted me to lower my pricing in which I already did for them since it was a dealer and a market I wouldn't mind venturing in time from time. I know what the average mark up is, I asked them how long they owned the car on the lot and why the need currently. They've had the car for 4 months and someone was looking to buy it and refused. I knew I had the upper hand on them and stuck to my guns with my price. They agreed and actually got a lot of work out of me for the price they paid.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/avatars/caraudiophile.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1366666430

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully it does not set there long and the lot attendant's go and spry detailer on it and scratch it

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful "fix"!!! And from back of the lot to the showroom...nice job. And in my favorite color to boot...the detailer's doctorate thesis...BLACK.

And another thing that encouraged me about this story...a potential buyer who said "no go" on the sale because of the paint condition. Maybe that dealer is reconsidering what proper pre sale preparation should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsSS View Post
    Hopefully it does not set there long and the lot attendant's go and spry detailer on it and scratch it
    That's exactly what I told them!! I hope one of your minions don't touch it..