autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

06 RSX Detail - LOTS OF PICS - 56k = nono

Well, I haven't detailed as much, so any comments or critique is more than welcome!!!!
    Please read the process and let me know where i can improve! Thx!

This is a 2006 Acura RSX that belongs to my girlfriend.

Process:

Wash:
    Put 1oz of Turtle Ice Wash in a 3.5oz container of my super cheap foam gun that is originally used for fertilizer I think. This wash sucks btw.....it was cheap at costco and huge so I figured I would try to save a buck.
    Foamed the car, and rinsed off after 2mins.
    Used some Armour all rim cleaner that I had laying around. Could not get the wheels fully clean on the inside (even after scrubbing). Did the best I could.
    2 bucket method the rest of the way, same soap used. Used Schmitt wash mitt.

Clay:
    Used Pinnicle clay with quik detailer as lubricant. I am not a big fan of the pinnicle clay personally. I found that the white meguiar's clay that I had laying around from a while ago worked a LOT better. So halfway through claying the car, I switched to Meg's. Is there a difference between the two clays? Besides the color.

Polish:
    Used XMT360 on an Orange LC pad with the Portercable 7424. Found that the pad absorbed a lot of product and was very quick to work in. The product dissappeared and sometimes spit dry product quite quickly. At that point, I figured I was done and buffed/wiped off any excess product by hand (didn't see any product, but wiped it off just in case)

Wax:
    I was getting tired, so I used Meg's NXT Gen Tech Wax on a gray finishing pad with the PC. Setting 1 on the PC and just used it to apply an even, thin coat. Let it haze and the girlfriend buffed it off with a MF. I appled NXT wax by hand on the smaller body panels.

I was battling the sun all day! Wish I had a garage! Took me approx 7 hours to finish everything! DAMN I am slow! Took way too many breaks as I was getting tired and the back was hurting. (pain from being rear-ended a long time ago).

PICS:

The oildrip that she wanted cleaned up. It dripped from a do-it-yourself car wash bay.

See how dirty these are?

This is a very light scratch I tried to remove. Didn't get it all as you can see in later pictures. Maybe about 50%?

After the wash.

Pinnicle clay took out a lot even tho the car "looked clean" after the wash. However the Meg's clay took out a LOT more.

AFTERPICS:

Last edited by bossboy; 07-23-2007 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    How about you call my ext in the morning and I will personally take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice..you did a good job removing the majority of the scrarch..
    Last edited by joe.p; 07-23-2007 at 08:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss my RSX, Mine was a 2005 and it was blue too. Okay back to the detail, very nice job you did there. I find blue to be a very rewarding color (I like blue ). I don't know about you but 7hrs isn't that bad, depending on the vehicle I could spend 7hrs doing interior, engine, rims and washing and claying. But then again I'm slow to and I take my time detailing a vehicle.

Results speak for them self, you did a good job. Oh...if you don't mind me saying the wheel wells need to be dressed too, just add's to the look of the vehicle. The first after picture (see below).

Quote Originally Posted by bossboy
    AFTERPICS:
    Oh and as for the clay, I don't really like the Meg's white clay bar. My experiance with it was that I didn't think it had enough bite to it. I'm not exactly sure what the difference between Meg's white clay bar and Pinnacle's clay bar is as far but my opinion is that they are about the same grade, very mild. Again that's just my opinion on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work with the acura you know what? Nica love blue The car got the shine back, looks great! What kind of engine sits in that thing? A vtec from honda?
    Audi Allroad Quattro
    VW Jetta 4 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words guys!

My 7 hours did NOT include interior or engine bay. I am still scared about spraying water into the engine bay.
    I did wash and scrub her rubber floor mats tho. But That is the only interior I touched.

Oh and glass too (inside and out).

She has a 2.0L 4cyl vtec K20A motor in there. 201hp.
    She pulls

How abouts do you dress the wheel well? I have a spray on tire shine that I put on a sponge for the tires. Do I just spray it into the wheel well or use the sponge? Im afraid if I spray it, it will drip on the ground and treads(don't want it on the tire treads).

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    How about you call my ext in the morning and I will personally take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    bossboy - bomb @ss job there, dude!! love it- love the car and the color as well. i think you did great with the scratch - a major difference!!
    i, too, am slow - but its why it looks so great!
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have that same car, color and everything. That is my fav blue ever!! The interior is very nice also. Good job on the detail!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man nice job!

One thing though....clean and dress those wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bossboy
    How abouts do you dress the wheel well? I have a spray on tire shine that I put on a sponge for the tires. Do I just spray it into the wheel well or use the sponge? Im afraid if I spray it, it will drip on the ground and treads(don't want it on the tire treads).
    Well the way I do it (and this is only my way dosen't mean it's right) is I spray the area enough so that the product sticks and dosen't run too much. Just light spray's and that's about all. You could do it with the spunge too if you want, I haven't done with the spunge my self but it would work just fine.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work Bossboy! I am slow too. I take almost an hour washing still lol. You made that scratch look better. The results are awesome . I also love the car as well. I wanted one for a while, but then I started falling in love with the Civic Si coupe. I would go for the Japanese 4 door Civic Type R though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast