autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Hellaflush" and now "Hellaglossy" - 2013 Scion FRS Corrected and Coated with CQuartz UK

^^^ agree.. hellaflush it down the toilet

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Hellaflush" and now "Hellaglossy" - 2013 Scion FRS Corrected and Coated with CQuartz UK

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRam View Post
    Wow, looks sick.

How come you ipa, wash, and then eraser? Why not just ipa or eraser? Not questioning just want to understand for more knowledge. Thank you!
    Not sure his reasoning, but I dawn wash to help remove oils and dust, make it easier for IPA with less fear of marring soft paint

Post Thanks / Like

Great job, Zach! You sure got some great correction with 4500, especially since most only consider it a "jeweling" polish. Just goes to show, right?

I gotta say, that's some crazy negative camber on the rear... I imagine the tire wear isn't all that great. You would think the negative camber on the steer wheels is one thing for corners, but on the rear seems like it just would add more unnecessary wear. What were your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful. Very very well done.
    Detailing in Colorado since 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldendodo19 View Post
    That red paint looks amazing. Gotta love soft Toyota paint.

I know I'm preaching to the choir at this point but hella flush is the stupidest thing ever. People who live near me in NY who are slammed have to drive around every pot hole or else. I just don't see the point of it. Also not a fan of the Toyota badge swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't agree more, it looks ridiculous and the ride is horrible. That car wouldn't last a day down here in the Tampa Bay area with our horrible roads. That's what I call hella fail.

Great work as usual Zach!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I can't agree more, it looks ridiculous and the ride is horrible. That car wouldn't last a day down here in the Tampa Bay area with our horrible roads. That's what I call hella fail.

Great work as usual Zach!

A friend of mines mazda is lowered like 2 inches and any little hole you hit rattles your brain lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Being stanced is just a type of lifestyle for these ppl.

Form>Function is where it's at.

As far as streets go, you just learn to adapt to them. It's really not that hard. Low and slow is how we go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Being stanced is just a type of lifestyle for these ppl.

Form>Function is where it's at.

As far as streets go, you just learn to adapt to them. It's really not that hard. Low and slow is how we go
    Serial.

I have a drift car, race car, and a stanced car. No F's given.

People build for different reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks incredible!

I'd imagine the paint was frustrating because of the fact that the car is actually manufactured by Subaru. I assume that means they paint it as well, and most of us know what's up with Subaru paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRam View Post
    Wow, looks sick.

How come you ipa, wash, and then eraser? Why not just ipa or eraser? Not questioning just want to understand for more knowledge. Thank you!
    I just wrote this in another thread, so I will copy it here....

Personally, if I am doing a 1 step correction with a product that is not particularly oily and does not leave much dust, I will just jump right to eraser.

If I am compounding and creating a lot of dust or using a polish like SF4500 that is super oily, I will presoak with diluted IPA, foam with a heavy mixture of citrus wash (or IXSS which I just purchased) with possibly a little APC added to the reservoir, rinse very thoroughly, blow dry, and then do an eraser wipe down. The foaming/drying portion only takes an extra 30 minutes or so, so it would be silly to blow it off if you've used a substantially oily product or need to remove a lot of compounding dust. The eraser or IPA wipe down is much easier after this process as you've already removed all or at least the majority of the oils remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by HD.Detailing View Post
    Not sure his reasoning, but I dawn wash to help remove oils and dust, make it easier for IPA with less fear of marring soft paint
    I would not advise the use of dawn... it has been shown to leave many surfactants on the surface.

Dawn is for dishes... not cars. A product like Iron X Snow Soap would be a better choice.

Retired Professional Detailer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast