autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Orinda Auto Detail - Tesla Model S Opti Coat Pro

So 230+ Model S cars corrected and coated here at Orinda Auto Detail we are getting to be kinda famous! In fact this car was actually driven over 800 miles to the shop to be worked on. The owners wanted the best so they were willing to take the trip and stay in a hotel while we worked our magic! I was feeling awfully flattered by this, so while I never don't exceed expectations I wanted these people to not recognize this car when they picked it up. Challenge accepted!

This is a very common sight on the big Navi screen in Tesla's all over CA and apparently in some parts of the country!

877 miles on this brand new car! 800 of it and a couple charging stations later they arrived!

800 miles and the trip was obvious! bug killer!

Under the dirt I could see some buffer marks...

The trip had left the car covered in dirt.

Like a lot of customers this one was not educated on how easy it to scratch paint. He actually had went around the car and drew the Tesla emblem in each door and on the hood. I of coarse gave them a crash coarse in paint care after we go done!

After I washed and Decon'd the car this is what I saw...

Some one was having trouble keeping their pad on the paint?

See the Tesla emblem?

Those are not finger prints! Severely scratched from this. But its ok I fixed it!
    Fast forward a couple days and almost 30 man hours later.. It was kinda cloudy so here's some done pics in the bay with my sun gun!

Out side this car look amazing! It was blinding!

The gloss was simply incredible! It took multiple compounding steps to get rid of the deep buffer swirls and haze left by the untrained detailer. End results were just jaw dropping, my Iphone pics do no justice!

The sun was playing pik-a-boo so I snapped a few pics

Customer showed up and after a class on paint care were on the road back home!

Thanks for looking
    Joseph Torbati and team
    Orinda Auto Detail | Car Wash Orinda | Custom Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Orinda Auto Detail - Tesla Model S Opti Coat Pro

very nice job! what a sweet car too

KCCO!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! It was handful!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent as always Joe. The cars I see outside of your shop always look to be in fantastic condition when I drive by!!!

Question about Optiguard...I know you use this coating a lot on your client's cars-do you recommend that they use some type of topper to avoid water spotting?

I have always had a problem with severe water spotting on top of the Opticoat V2 and chemicals would not remove them. I had to resort to using Meg 105 to get rid of them. They were so hard to remove that I went back to sealants and waxes as opposed to coatings.

Just wondering if something worked for you.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 74 thing View Post
    Excellent as always Joe. The cars I see outside of your shop always look to be in fantastic condition when I drive by!!!

Question about Optiguard...I know you use this coating a lot on your client's cars-do you recommend that they use some type of topper to avoid water spotting?

I have always had a problem with severe water spotting on top of the Opticoat V2 and chemicals would not remove them. I had to resort to using Meg 105 to get rid of them. They were so hard to remove that I went back to sealants and waxes as opposed to coatings.

Just wondering if something worked for you.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Thank you so much for the kind words! You should stop by and say hi sometime! My first question would be is your car getting hit with a sprinkler? Next I really don't have spotting issues unless it is in the first week after application so before the cars leave I always top them Car Pro H20 12 hours later and that resolved the issue. Also we always invite any customer back for a free wash and inspection a week after any OC application and If I did see spot usually I could take them off very easily with just some BFWD. I've only had buff them off one time and that was out right abused. When you stop by I can give you some pointer as well if you like!

Post Thanks / Like

@Jsmooth : Which version of OC do you use and do you apply it by hand or do you spray it? Thanks man, fellow Bay Area guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Customer willing to drive 800 miles to have work performed speaks volumes about your quality of work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    @Jsmooth : Which version of OC do you use and do you apply it by hand or do you spray it? Thanks man, fellow Bay Area guy.
    OC Pro and depends, If I'm coating by my self I spray it. If my guys are helping me I wipe it on.