autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed: 05 Mustang

Well as I said in my Explorer post my father in law's boss was so impressed with my father in law's Explorer that he wanted his Mustang detailed. He wanted it waxed instead of a paint sealer so it was the perfect color to use Pinnacle SS II. This car was one of the first engine details I did (on someone other than my own). Thanks to the info I got here I got enough courage to do it and it turned out great. It was so much easier than I anticipated and customers are WOWED with it. They think it took forever to make the engine look like that. Well here is what I did:

Tires: Cleaned tires and wheels with DP Gel Wheel cleaner. Cleaned the wheel wells with Megs APC. Dressed tires with DP Tire gloss gel. Dressed the wheel wells with Stoners More Shine.

Wash: Cleaned off bugs with Poorboy's Bug Squash. I had to use Megs APC diluted @10:1 to get off what seemed like a million tiny dots of tar. I guess he drove by the DOT when they were spraying it on the roadside and it got all over this car. Washed with DP Xtreme Foam auto shampoo and foam gun and white/yellow schmitt. Dried with Cobra guzzler and leaf blower.

Interior: Cleaned with DP Total Interior Cleaner and protected with DP Interior Surface Protectant. Cleaned carpets and mats with Megs APC @ 10:1 and vacuumed. There were many stains in the backseat from grandkids and he really wanted these out. I used the Megs APC and my PC with a green aqua brush and all the stains came out. Cleaned all door jambs with DP Waterless Car Wash.

Engine: Sprayed with Megs APC undiluted, worked in with a soft brush, hosed off and after it dried I sprayed with Stoners More Shine.

Headlights: Cleaned and polished with Plexus and WW MF.

Glass: Cleaned with Stoners Invisible Glass and WW MF.

Paint: I applied XMT Finishing Glaze with my PC and a white LC pad. Then I applied the Signature Series II with the PC and Blue Pad.

He loved it and wants me to do his Tahoe, I found out that this was actually his wife's car. When she saw it she said "He thinks he is going to drive it tonight but that's not going to happen." When I pulled away he and four of his employees were out there with the hood up looking at the car!

Here are some before and afters:

Post Thanks / Like
    get yourself some clay, works wonders on tar. car looks great!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used clay so what do you recommend and any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job! The Mustang looks so much better after you were done. The wheels look really shiny compared to the before picture. Well done!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, use a clay bar with a lubricant (or suds for that matter) and run the clay bar back and forth or up and down until you no longer hear the sound that it makes or feel it dragging.

the paint will feel much smoother, as the imperfections that were once pitted are now removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks slick!

Dis you cover anything in the engine bay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Sneek no I didn't cover anything but I used very little water and was very careful with what I did use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Super job, she looks great. So I take it that you cleaned that big spot in the back seat with DP Total Interior Cleaner? Or did you use Megs APC on that? Some spots I can't get out with APC and or Folex. Been thinking about getting DP Total Interior Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work on that Mustang! Car looks great and so does the interior! Nice job with that engine.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty good from here. SSII is an outstanding product by Pinnacle, and I have not been dissapointed by any Pinnacle products up to date.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast