autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 black Mitsubishi Outlander - Full Black Label Coating Treatment - Signature Flex3401

Great write write up Rafael. Keep up the great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 black Mitsubishi Outlander - Full Black Label Coating Treatment - Signature Flex3401

Thanks for the pictures! The paint came out great!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Keep up the good work and nice write-ups!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: 2013 black Mitsubishi Outlander - Full Black Label Coating Treatment - Signature Flex3401

I was thoroughly pleased reading this write-up and look forward to more good work and write-ups!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That thing was NASTY! Your work made it look like a completely different vehicle..
    I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Write up! Nice recovery too!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet. Do like your write-ups. I was reading the beginning that something un-usual occured during the detail and started thinking girl/car and well my thoughts just started to take off. Anyway, great job and congrats on the new Flex and signed to boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Friends,

Quoting one or some replies would be unfair, and quoting every answer would be exhaustive to the reader: everything you wrote was equally enjoyable for me to read, that said, feel all of you 'quoted!'

Basically, AGO is the greatest responsible for all this being possible. Trying not to hurt anyone's feelings, it's pretty obvious for me that it's close to impossible for anyone doing (or like me, trying to do) high level detailing work without being part of a community like this.

I know there are a lot of talented people in my country, however, they are exception, not rule.

Standard procedures here to almost ANY car starts with 'circular pattern' sanding and Wool pad buffing frenzy with a cheap rotary and cheap polishing compound, basically transferred/adapted polishing repaint techniques to refinish automotive 'OEM paint'. It's easier to reproduce someone's protocol than to THINK a little about what you're doing.

Although the car presented here was heavily 'hammered' (like we say), it's a new car, it's a new OEM paint job. What differentiates us from the others is that we value and respect this fact, and we know how important is to preserve most of it.

I've learned here to always use the least aggressive method to get the job done. I will never be tired of doing and saying this.

Take a brief look at this picture:

From left to right:
    M100, FG400, Uber Compound (and his son above), D300, UC, PF2500, XMT360, D301, M205, UP, SF4000 and Pinnacle Surface Cleansing Polish.

I've organized some products I have here based on how I try to deal when restoring a finish. To start, I always look from right to left (least abrasive first).
    PS: Abrasive Order may not be 100% accurate, this picture represents the way I like to choose them.

There are also a large magnitude of pads (fibers and foam) that coupled with those products will enhances the cut / finish outcome, so I judge that this is not only a polishing job, it's a MIND Game, and this 'excites' me a lot.

In fact, the key point for me to really dive into this was the release of PBL coatings. I was inclined to open a Detailing, but mainly Coating business. However, one does not exists without the other. Any LSP will make 'the miracle' if you not pray (prep., I mean) a lot.

Using products and techniques learned here (still learning) to prep. the surface, I'm relying on Black Label Coatings supreme quality to support my job. I know it won't let me down, and I can confidently say to my client I'm using one of the best protection industry has to offer nowadays.

Best Machines, best pads, best products, best LSP, best techniques...

I mean, YOU, AG/AGO are the best!

It's a huge honor being part of such great and harmonious place.

PS2: I've been 'joking' around telling my G220v2 will only be used to scrub tires from now on, please, don't take this seriously. It's a great machine, and it held great until now. It's just because difference I've felt with the Flex was bigger than expected, and it was only my first time with it, meaning I have a lot to learn to get the most from it.

I'm pretty sure G220v2 will find it's place here for general polishing, spot polishing/sanding, finishing and waxing. It'll be used to help speeding up one or other step and when switching machines fits.

For the one-step polishing procedures I'm trying to achieve most of time, Flex looks obvious winner here.

If you are questioning if you should upgrade machine, first question yourself if you NEED to. If you feel the need, you definitively MUST upgrade.

If you are questioning if you should order a Rupes or a Flex, take a look at AG topic(s) regarding this subject. There's a 30+ pages topics that will help you decide if you start on post 1 and go 'till the end. You'll definitively get your answer at end of page 30+, joining all info together...

If you couldn't decide that time, ask the experts (Featuring Mike Phillips ), Call Andre, send an email to Nick! Those are kind hearted people that will not measure efforts to help you out.

Sorry for writing too much, even now I haven't said enough to thank you everyone, one by one.

Thanks for all support,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding work Rafael. Parceiro continue assim. Os seus details esta melhorando cada vez mais. Voce comprou o polisher correto. O Flex e uma machina mortifira e vai demolir os swirls. Muito bom trabalho mesmo. I am from Brazil as well and it's very hard to see real detailers like yourself doing amazing work like you are doing there. Keep it up and yes Mike, AutoGeek family and detailers from the forums are the nicest people in the world. Over here it's a real family thing, not a competion unlike other places. Once again, amazing work.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Tato, how are you?

What can I say about this work? fantastic

Both the presentation and the work is top notch.

Are you a great professional who would deliver my car to full detail, knowing I had the best.

Congratulations machine Flex 3401 and honor to have been signed by the great BIG Mike Phillips.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast