autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

71 Chevelle Convertible

This car was in a storage barn for 5 years. I did a wash, quick polish and interior clean. All we wanted for this one was a "10 foot" job to drive it through the summer as the car is currently in the process of getting a frame off restoration.

Before:

Afters:

Here's how she sits now it'll be a few months before I can shine her up again.

I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer

Mike Phillips

Re: 71 Chevelle Convertible

Beautiful!

I love Chevelle convertibles plus this is the kind of car you see on all the "Car Guy" TV shows. The last time a saw a new car on a car guy TV show it was Bryan Fuller and Kevin Byrd working on a Toyota Prius and I felt sorry for them. Nothing wrong with a Prius but really... Bryan Fuller and Kevin Byrd working on it?

It's also the kind of cars I try to get to Autogeek with some new cars thrown in of course since that's what the majority of people on earth drive.

But the chance to work on a 1971 Chevelle Convertible is a real privilege in my book.

Nice work... reminds me of the 1970 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible W30 I buffed out.

MOST people would think the owner would want the full meal deal, that is a multiple step show car process. Reality is, the owner of the very rare 442 just wanted a quickie detail so that's what I gave him. Still turned out incredibly nice.

1970 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible W30

Thanks for sharing and again... nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car. Looking forward to photos after the restoration. It's my favorite body style after the 67-69 Camaro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job looks good was the top off when it was sitting in the barn? Lol
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Beautiful!

I love Chevelle convertibles plus this is the kind of car you see on all the "Car Guy" TV shows. The last time a saw a new car on a car guy TV show it was Bryan Fuller and Kevin Byrd working on a Toyota Prius and I felt sorry for them. Nothing wrong with a Prius but really... Bryan Fuller and Kevin Byrd working on it?

It's also the kind of cars I try to get to Autogeek with some new cars thrown in of course since that's what the majority of people on earth drive.

But the chance to work on a 1971 Chevelle Convertible is a real privilege in my book.

Nice work... reminds me of the 1970 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible W30 I buffed out.

MOST people would think the owner would want the full meal deal, that is a multiple step show car process. Reality is, the owner of the very rare 442 just wanted a quickie detail so that's what I gave him. Still turned out incredibly nice.

1970 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible W30

Thanks for sharing and again... nice work!

Thank you! I agree, it is a Privilege to shine up these cars! Especially with the tools and products we have today verses the 60's and 70's products/methods. Great thread on the 442, VERY similar!
    I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer