autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 Chevrolet Cruze meets Uber Compound

Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow what a turn around! Great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Looking good Tato! The rear bumper came out great. Only so much you can do to save it.

Glad you were able to get the claying finished. Sounds like it was really bad. For even more claying power, try out the nano skin pads. I have heard they really can cut through the contaminated areas in a hurry. Make sure to use plenty of lube.

Looks like Uber finished out nicely in one step.
    Hello Mike, thank you very much for comments. I do have the nano skin pad but did not considered it (unfortunately), for sure I'll try it next time I face that kind of contamination. What you've heard is true, it really cuts through contaminated area (mine is medium grade). Thanks for suggestion.

Uber gone UBER this time. I couldn't use it entirely on previous work, but for this car it demonstrated all it's power and finish. This is something I like during details: every paint is different, and you must 'play chess' after starting the test spot to conclude the work flawless. Every previous move will influence the further outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Looks great!
    That's kind, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Bremec View Post
    Wow what a turn around! Great work!
    Nice to hear from you, this kind of comments are what encourages us to move on. Thank you for taking your time and commenting about my work.

Thank you all,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice man.
    The Uber is a wonderful thing

What are your thi thoughts on the pads?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that.

Took a quick picture of the pads I've used with Uber Compound (UbC) to illustrate the reply.

PS: LC CCS and Meg. Burg. are on picture to show similar 'fly time' compared to HT small cyan, I've not used with UbC yet.

Also, to justify the small HT cyan pad fame about being shred able.

The HT cyan pad lasted a fair time (it was used on some earlier works), but comparing to others I've used the same amount (or more) it's life time was restrict.

I admit if one could use 2 of those pads switching time to time it would last even more. Unfortunately I've ordered only 1 for test purposes. The 5" looks fair more durable, just a bit less than similar pads.

Velcro is top notch.

Apart of ~short life, this pad worth while it lives. I plan on ordering more, maybe I'll wait some BOGO to overcome this issue lol.

Also used HT 4" cyan + UbC to polish swirled light lens to a swirl free finish in little passes.

The tangerine pad looks like don't have the same durability issues. It cuts ~LC orange but polishes a bit more aggressive than white pad (in my opinion, even using finer polishes). It's great stuff, but would be better if it's polishing characteristics was more like LC white flat pad.

By the way, everything will depend on situation. Tomorrow I'm to do a fast 1-step on a car an I'm planning to start the test spot using exactly the HT Tangerine Pads + XMT360. Apart of being a more simple work, I do plan to post it on here - Wash+Clay+XMT360 on HT tangerine pad.

I'm looking for a 360º transformation based on the cutting capability of the HT pads.

I've also used UbC with Meg's MF cutting and LC MF (for spots). Works and cuts nicely, but mostly the finish were not the greatest. It can be used with MF, but finishes better with foam. Otherwise, you're mostly supposed to to a second polishing step.

I've already tried once doing the final passes switching from MF (~4 passes) to a LC finishing flat pad (~3 passes) refining the finish, meaning this product adjusts pad dependently (just like it states).

This time I've avoided MF with UbC because I would like the cut and finish mostly in one step whenever possible. This can be promptly achieved with the HT cyan pad when it fits the test spot.

Hope I've helped,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    Very nice man.
    The Uber is a wonderful thing

What are your thi thoughts on the pads?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online
    As promised: