autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2003 Dodge RAM 1500

This is yet another referral from the previous work I did on the 2003 Tiburon. This vehicle was in okay conditions, the owner was more interested on the interior and well that’s where I focused majority of my attention, the exterior needed some work and even though the customer only wanted me to do some work in the exterior I went and did a little extra but this vehicle required wet sanding and I had to pass on the wet sanding on this one as customer did not want to pay for the wet sanding. To conclude, I had fun detailing this vehicle and I was satisfied with the results.

2003 Dodge RAM 1500

Exterior Process

Wash:
    I used Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo with two bucket method and the white ShMITT.

Clay:
    The vehicle was in rough shape so I used Red Clay Magic, the vehicle had some war wounds and lots of tree sap so I went with Red Clay Magic.

Polish

Optimum Hyper Compound – Metabo – Meguiars Cutting Wool pad – 1500rpm
    Menzerna 106FF – Metabo – Menzerna White Pad – 1500rpm
    Menzerna Final Polish II – Metabo – Menzerna Orange Pad – 1500rpm

Glaze:
    Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze – applied by hand and removed my hand.

Wax:
    1 – coat of Meguiars #16

Tire dressing/wheel wells:
    For the tires and the wheel wells I used Meguiars Hot shine Tire Spray.

Exterior plastic peaces/trim:
    I used Mothers Back to Black.

Glass:
    Stoners with glass Cobra MF

Engine bay:
    Used a degreaser found locally 1:1 and dressed with Meguiars Hot shine Tire Spray.

Interior Process:

Vinyl and rubber:
    I used Meguiars #40, but prior to it I gave the entire vehicle a nice wipe down with Meg’s APC mixed with water 1:1.

Carpet:
    Meguirs APC used it on the carpet and seats as well 10:1 ratio again. I scrubbed with a brush then extracted it with my shop-vac. I did this for the entire vehicle because it needed it.

Observations:
    I found that Optimum Hyper Compound with Meguiars cutting wool pad didn’t have the affect I saw using the Menzerna Power Gloss Compound. When I used Meguiars cutting wool pad and Menzerna Power Gloss Compound it removed lots of swirls. Not sure if it had to do with the clear coat but then again if I would have done the exterior of this truck properly I would have wet sanded and I did not wet sand…the point is I’ll need to give this Combo (Meguiars cutting wool pad with Optimum Hyper Compound) a fair comparison. Not sure if anyone has had anything like this and I just thought I’d share that’s all. Oh one bonus on the Optimum is that no dusting what’s so ever, compared to Menzerna lots of dusting and Optimum didn’t gum up the wool pad as fast as Menzerna.

Now for pictures:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
    This one is inside the garage

This one is outside

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

1/2

Post Thanks / Like
    Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Now for some reflection shots in side the garage:

Now for some outside shots:

Any feed back feel free to post, I welcome any kind of feed back...oh and that's all for pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Another hit, compadre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    Sweet first oficial AG zombie!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I see young grasshopper that you have learned my pic posting technique. hehe Great job Nica, as usual. I definately love the tire shot!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, how long did that take you and what did you charge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bigfoot - Thank you compadre...this one I called a BOOOOOOMBA! hahahaha como en las cansiones Latinas hahahaha. This one was a fun one, and I love the new products I used on it.

Dust - What can I say bro, I learn from the best Oh I love the way the tires/rims finished off...owner oculd not beleave it was the same truck...just blown away by it. Thank you for the compliment...and glad you approve of the pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Carlos..it sounds like you were bummed he didn't let you (ie..pay for) a complete restoration. So far I've been lucky with people who have let me have free reign. You're sure getting good use out of your garage setup. Now you're only missing one key, very important, technique from your detailing arsenal. You have to take up smoking cigars buddy!!! It truly is heaven being out there, puffing away, tunes going..something cold to drink..sound of the rotary...and gleaming paint. I know AL53 smokes them..we need more converts

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks richy, yea I was bummed about not being able to wetsand...heck I didn't even have to use a wool pad the customer said he just wanted the exterior to look okay and when I heard that many "okay's" whent through my head hahaha...his "okay" is not my "okay" hahahaha. Turned out nice and I'm getting the hand of the wool pads. cigars huh, well I actually have lots of them from back home. I hardly ever smoke them though, only on Christmas or very special ocasions..the ones I have are from back home and have a big centimental value and I love staring at the box and the cigars them self's.

Oh I got another vehicle I'm working on right now...yea I should get going but on this one I was told "money is not an issue" so I'm going all out on it

I'll post when done.

Post Thanks / Like
    sweet work nica...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work buddy! The ram looks brand new! I love the interior, looks so clean
    Audi Allroad Quattro
    VW Jetta 4 TDI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast